Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-13-2012

It's 1.5 per 1%

Galgus

11-13-2012

I'm going to miss Rabadon's- I'd rather not have to waste gold on Armor when I bring Veigar in.

DiscworldDeath

11-13-2012

So just like TT, like I assumed. Thanks Nome.

urmamasllama

11-13-2012

Quote:
Galgus:
I'm going to miss Rabadon's- I'd rather not have to waste gold on Armor when I bring Veigar in.

are you sure you understand what happened there cuz witchcap is kind of better in every way

Galgus

11-13-2012

Quote:
urmamasllama:
are you sure you understand what happened there cuz witchcap is kind of better in every way

It has 40 less ability power and a 5% lower ability power bonus while only costing 100 less.

It isn't better in every way- though some will prefer it to Rabadon's.

Personally, I'd rather have more raw damage than some defense: armor is a trash stat on Veigar, and while he can use the active to some extent, he does not synergize well with it.

EDIT: I also view the Blackfire Torch as poorly focused for truly damage-oriented mages: requiring gold wasted on survivability stats with an active that does not scale with burst damage due to a DOT effect and no scaling on AP.

Its more of a tanky mage's item than one for a truly damage-oriented caster.