Removing Zhonya and Deathcap

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Trick question? It would be extremely silly to not build it... unless the enemy team has like no AD for some reason.
i'd still facepalm at people rushing the thing, particularly if theya re rushing it from a rod

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Hmm... I remember back when they first split Zhonya's Ring into Deathcap and Hourglass. They wanted to split it for diversity because they, accurately, noticed that there was no reason to buy other items, because Zhonya's ring was hands down the best AP item for every single AP build.

And now... we get it back?

Wooglet's Witchcap

• New Recipe: Needlessly Large Rod + Chain Mail
  • Total Gold Cost: 3500 (combine cost: 1200)
  • +100 Ability Power
  • +50 Armor
  • Unique Passive: Increases Ability Power by 25%
  • Unique Active: Places your champion into Stasis for 2.5 seconds, rendering you invulnerable and untargetable but unable to take any action (90 second cooldown)

Zhonya's Ring
  • Recipe: Needlessly Large Rod + Blasting Wand
  • Total Gold Cost: 3460 (combine cost: 1000)
  • +120 Ability Power
  • Unique Passive: Increases Ability Power by 25%
  • Unique Active: Places your champion into Stasis for 2 seconds, rendering you invulnerable and untargetable but unable to take any action (90 second cooldown)

Sooooo...
40 more gold and 20 less AP in exchange for an extra .5sec invuln and 50 armor?

<_<
>_>

Nobody tell the Reds...

DiscworldDeath

11-13-2012

1. They know about it, but APs are considered in dire need of help, so they helped them.
2. The 0.5 seconds of invulnerability were added to Zhonya's Hourglass a couple of months ago, it's not a buff to this item specifically.

Catnium

11-13-2012

mordekeizer approves this item

Full Brain

11-13-2012

How have you not seen many deathcaps? Zhonya's was always more of a support mage item and really not worth it if you are the hole busting variety. AP carries will finally have a good armor item that isn't tied to mana.

oh and in case you didn't notice.

Blackfire TorchNew Recipe: Kage's Lucky Pick + Haunting Guise Total Gold Cost: 2950 (combine cost: 700) +70 Ability Power +250 Health Unique Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction Unique Passive: +20 Magic Penetration Unique Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target champion's maximum Health in magic damage over 3 seconds. Each second burned consumes a charge. One charge is generated each second. Now available on Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar.

They added a new cooldown item for ap characters to fill the void DFG left.

Slivyrr

11-13-2012

I actually dislike the disabling of Deathcap tbh. I'm all for item variability and new play options, but adding a new item at the expense of another doesn't change anything aside from the fact AP casters scale worse into lategame than before and are now required to build defensively in order to get the highest-AP yield, which is significantly less than before.

I like it as a substitute for hourglass, but nothing more than that. Deathcap belongs in Dominion.

Orphane

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommodoreSkippy View Post
Hmm... I remember back when they first split Zhonya's Ring into Deathcap and Hourglass. They wanted to split it for diversity because they, accurately, noticed that there was no reason to buy other items, because Zhonya's ring was hands down the best AP item for every single AP build.

Nobody tell the Reds...
That was for SR. TT and Dom are significantly lower gold environments for AP characters, and forcing them to buy both is incredibly stupid.

urmamasllama

11-13-2012

gonna get some free elo on ap maokai