Elise Sucks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thubgar

11-13-2012

i think part of the problem is that her spider forms gap closers dont actually put her on top of her target. q leaves a lot of distance, and e is easy to run from. and since her spiders trail her, she cant really damage people who are running.

number1bawss

11-13-2012

i like pie ._.

Ordidnac

11-13-2012

I've seen a few good ones but found that even when fed she gets destroyed in team fights

intro94

11-13-2012

well players have to take advantage of what makes her good,the fact that she will always do damage, thanks to the fact she takes a percent of your life, rather than ap ratio.

I think stacking ap on her is pretty weak since only W scales freely, whereas:

q and Q scale every 100 ap so ANYTHING between 100 and 200 is POINTLESS or 200-300. So its a big waste to go crazy on ap just for W and spider bonus.

So to make her dangerous you rather go extremely squishy, not advisable.
Or very tanky.

Theres no point in getting tons on ap, except for early game, then useless at teamfights.
However, if you get very tanky, and focus on just multipliers of 100 of AP (x1, x2), you will do tons of damage and effectively kill their carries(since you WILL outdamage them if they focus you), and surprisingly fast.

Tanky is the best route imo(with magic pen of course), in the lines of mundo or singed, who are hard to kill yet do significant damage,survive teamfights, and are useful.Do the combo on your targets and build magic resist or armor depending on whos gonna be your target during teamfights.Keep them stunned so they stay within your grasp.
The Elises i have seen wrecking at teamfights are very few, but i noticed the same build on them and works really good.

ArchlordCevic

11-13-2012

Shes a great ap bruiser with solid support but shes complicated.
Switching forms constantly and knowing when to be in which is vital.

Human form is for harassment/support and to setup to attack
Spider form shes tanky and this is what you used to go for the kill.

Ive seen Elise carry teams and I myself do pretty well with her consistently (in normals)

Item wise Ryalis is your core item. everything else is up to you and your play style. I like Wits End, Abyssal and frozen heart.

neverlucky

11-13-2012

She's a lot like Diana in terms of build, if you ask me. When jungling, I find a Sheen makes the clears go by extremely fast. She's best at mid ganks. If you can land her stun, it's a guaranteed kill, even without the other mid's cooperation. She has a full kit at level 3, and that must be taken advantage of.

Like Archlord said, a Rylai's is core. I tend to get Abyssal and Sorc Boots, because racking AP isn't really worth it. Finishing the lich bane after you get these makes you a crazy fast tower killer. The rest is situational. Tankiness should be prioritized more, however.

TealNinje

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by intro94 View Post
q and Q scale every 100 ap so ANYTHING between 100 and 200 is POINTLESS or 200-300. So its a big waste to go crazy on ap just for W and spider bonus.
The damage is still calculated, even if it doesn't tell you about it. Every point of AP increases the damage, but it's not reported because the increase is too small to display reasonably or is too small to give you an accurate idea of how much damage you'll be doing.

CalvinStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by intro94 View Post
well players have to take advantage of what makes her good,the fact that she will always do damage, thanks to the fact she takes a percent of your life, rather than ap ratio.

I think stacking ap on her is pretty weak since only W scales freely, whereas:

So to make her dangerous you rather go extremely squishy, not advisable.
Or very tanky.

Theres no point in getting tons on ap, except for early game, then useless at teamfights.
However, if you get very tanky, and focus on just multipliers of 100 of AP (x1, x2), you will do tons of damage and effectively kill their carries(since you WILL outdamage them if they focus you), and surprisingly fast.

Tanky is the best route imo(with magic pen of course), in the lines of mundo or singed, who are hard to kill yet do significant damage,survive teamfights, and are useful.Do the combo on your targets and build magic resist or armor depending on whos gonna be your target during teamfights.Keep them stunned so they stay within your grasp.
The Elises i have seen wrecking at teamfights are very few, but i noticed the same build on them and works really good.
People break out that bolded part an awful lot. They apparently forget, or don't know the rest of her kit. Her Q scales better now, her W is ridiculous with AP. What people tend to gloss over though, is that those Are NOT the only two abilities that are effected by AP.

Spider Form - Transforms into a menacing spider with new abilities. While in Spider Form, Elise deals bonus magic damage on attack and has increased movement speed, armor, and magic resistance.
Elise transforms into a menacing spider, granting access to arachnid abilities.

Spider Form: Elise deals 10/20/30/40 (+0.2) bonus magic damage per attack and gains 10 Movement Speed, 10/15/20/25 Armor, and 10/15/20/25 Magic Resistance.

Spiderlings: Spiderlings deal 10/20/30/40 (+0.1) damage and take 10/20/30/40% reduced damage from multi-target abilities. Max 2/3/4/5 Spiderlings.

I've bolded the relevant parts. Going little or no AP means less damage overall. Building Tanky/Bruiser means there's no point in using W, so Human form is for Q and Stun, everything else is Spider form, in which you're not doing as much damage because her Auto Attacks and Spiderlings both Scale with AP.

I will say she's not like most other mages where you can pick up two Doran's or a couple amplifying tomes and all of a sudden start melting faces. She needs a little more AP than that to get the ball rolling. Max W first, not Q, pick up Magic pen items and she's good to go. Grab Sorc shoes first, then a blasting wand and watch how much damage she does with just one Human cast W.

Lukiner

11-14-2012

if Riot add upgrade path to Haunting Guise and new AP assassins items ON SR it will help her imho

Taoquitok

11-14-2012

Her Q scales with 0.03% of ap in both forms so it's not every 100 ap, it's every 34 (presuming riot round down rather than up). It's also completely plausible that it might scale with each AP but not show in the tooltip until you've reached another full 1%. Her spider form on-hit now scales with 0.3 instead of 0.2 ap too.

The above changes have now made AP elise viable. I haven't tested her in the jungle yet with these changes, but in mid I've been able to completely outplay all that I've been against, even a vlad which I thought might be an issue due to his sustain. Turns out a mix of her Q (in either form) and W in spider form leads to her dealing more damage than him and sustaining enough to keep him pushed ^^

anyways, AP is viable, but I would still suggest a frozen mallet over a rylai's simply due to how good it is for keeping you stuck to your opponent. She works well as an AD bruiser so mixing in a little bit of AD damage for more health and a better on hit effect is definitely worth it even when going AP.

I have yet to give her jungle another try, but with the changes I think I'll give AP jungle another go. the issues I had previously was it falling off after mid-game but that 'should' be resolved seeing as it has been in mid.