ADC Champion Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginalJack

11-12-2012

No, the studder step is valuable at all stages of the game it just becomes harder and harder as your attack speed increases. There's still down time in between attacks so you can still move a little but you are correct in that there might come a point a which your APM isn't high enough and it will lower your DPS to studder step. Mid game is probably where you will see the best results.

(note that the vayne in the vid I linked has a nearly full build and she can still studder step)

Chopinator

11-12-2012

OK, sorry to beat a dead horse but what about last shot for kill? I mean as a ADC arent you suppose to rack up the gold early so you can get your items to make you the late game threat you are suppose to be? It seems that if you are stepping you are taking away from the last shot kills that earn you that gold? I understand that your best bet is a happy medium of stepping and last shot. What is more valuable? Just a situational call?

Usually what I try to do with Ashe in early game is hunt minions from bushes and draw in both champions then W them and drive them back, I then try to kill shoot the group of minions and repeat.

Any chance you could add me Jack? I wouldnt mind having doing a match or 2 with you while I use Ashe, I could use all the pointers I can get.

OriginalJack

11-12-2012

Yeah you can add me in if you want to but I'm usually only on later in the day. It's kind fo funny that you are asking me for help because I used to consider adc one of my weakest roles but I just practiced and practiced and now I feel pretty confident with it.

As a general rule during the laning phase you should aviod missing cs to harass the enemy unless you have a chance to put some serious hurt on them because they are way out of position which shouldn't happen often unless you are up against somebody really bad. As you get better at last hitting you will have to devote less thought to it and you can focus on looking for openings to harass while not missing last hits. I know it's not as easy as I'm making it sound here but that's what seperates good adcs from bad you know. The whole studder stepping thing is most useful during teamfights when their scary top laners/junglers are trying to jump on you and you can just back away while still hurting them.

Last hitting from the bush isn't a bad idea but honestly the safest place to stand is behind the minion way entirely so that if the other adc/support want to attack you they will end up pushing the wave or taking minion dmg.