ADC Champion Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

de Dust

11-12-2012

So I've been playing a lot of ADC lately, usually running as Ashe. I love the playstyle, but her lane phase and early game are soo painful especially on Solo without a good lane partner.

So my questions to you are:

1. What would be a comparable ADC to Ashe? I know Vayne and Caitlyn are considered ADC...

2. Is IP tied to how -good- a champion is? From what I can tell from most champions, it seems the more 'complex' champs are also the more expensive, so I assume they perform better? If so:

3. Is it worth picking up cheaper ADC champs like Caitlyn now or are the more expensive ones like Vayne usually a better choice?

Thanks for the feedback!

OriginalJack

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquadust1 View Post
So I've been playing a lot of ADC lately, usually running as Ashe. I love the playstyle, but her lane phase and early game are soo painful especially on Solo without a good lane partner.

So my questions to you are:

1. What would be a comparable ADC to Ashe? I know Vayne and Caitlyn are considered ADC...

2. Is IP tied to how -good- a champion is? From what I can tell from most champions, it seems the more 'complex' champs are also the more expensive, so I assume they perform better? If so:

3. Is it worth picking up cheaper ADC champs like Caitlyn now or are the more expensive ones like Vayne usually a better choice?

Thanks for the feedback!
The cost of a champion isn't tied to how good they are. It's usually based on how new they are with some exceptions.

Ashe's laning phase isn't really that bad you just need to understand that she doesn't have a lot burst pre6 so the potential for a kill will be kind of low without jungle intervention. You should just focus on farming and poke with your W when you can and poke them with auto attacks when they get too close to you, her AA range is pretty good so they will have to come closer to you or use a skill to retaliate. Also if you take the time to become really good at the studder step she can kite most melee champs with her slow.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

1. ADC, in no particular order: Ashe, Caitlyn, Graves, Vayne, Tristana, Varus, Miss Fortune, Corki, Draven, Ezreal, Twitch

2. IP used to be related to difficulty to channel new players to easier champions, but nowadays it's just related to the date the champion was released. So if you want a brand new champion you'd crack for RP. Champions get discounted as they grow old. In other words, it has no relation whatsoever to their power or performance.

3. Just try them and save your IP for the ones you like.

Oddible

11-12-2012

You can get Tristana for free from liking on Facebook. Ashe is actually not that bad early on because you get the early slow which is dangerous for opponents. Tristana and several others are actually worse in early game. Cait is fantastic early game because her range is so long.

Chopinator

11-12-2012

Can you explain this "Also if you take the time to become really good at the studder step she can kite most melee champs with her slow."

What is the studder step ?
What is kite?

OriginalJack

11-12-2012

Studder stepping goes by many names but basically it's firing an auto attack then moving while your auto attack is on cooldown instead of just standing there like you would if you had just right clicked on an enemy. Kiting is basically auto attacking then stepping backward so that the enemy has to move forward to attack you. If done correctly you can put a lot of damage on a melee enemy before they even get close to you.

Here's any example of what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhhpw82gBsY

Watch vayne and skarner at the top of the screen now imagine how easy it is with ashe and her slow and extra range.

(I think this is also known as orb walking in dota but I don't play that so I'm not sure)

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopinator View Post
Can you explain this "Also if you take the time to become really good at the studder step she can kite most melee champs with her slow."

What is the studder step ?
What is kite?
Kiting is attacking someone and keeping mobile so they can't hit you back. Ashe is really good at this since unless they have a dash they won't escape her because all of her attacks have potential to slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquadust1 View Post
Aren't Caitlyn and Vayne the same price?

Riot balances the game so that any champion has a competitive chance. Ryze is a 450 champion and he's debate-ably one of the strongest champions out there.

zraven7

11-12-2012

Sivir is a cheap champion, and is comparable to ashe in a lot of ways. She has an area-of-effect skill-shot ability, and a non-damaging utility ability, and her passive is used to help her close distance between her and the target. Her Ult is arguably less offensive, but helps all nearby allied champs (greatly increases attack speed and movement speed). She tends to be kinda love-her-or-hate-her, but she's low IP cost, so low risk.

Tristana is free, and is quirky and fun. She can be a lil tricky to play right, but has a lot going for her.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-12-2012

IP costs are smaller on the older legends, to maybe make them more appealing to buy over the newer legends, for the newer players.

IP costs have nothing to do with the strength of the legend. Alot of 6300 legends are considered weak, some considered strong, just like the other lower IP ranges for the legends.

Graves, corki, and ezreal. Is the general agreement of whom is the best ranged AD carries at the moment. The 450 ranged ad carry legends are only ashe and sivir. they are not top tier but ok.

Caitlyn is fun and great agianst bots, great early laning phase and lots of damage and harass. However against humans her traps can be countered with positioning, and her ult can be body blocked, and her ult is just single target not some aoe nuke or something. Some might argue that this makes her team fighting later on a tad on the weak side for a ranged ad carry. As a whole though she is alright. Ashe's early game seemed painful to sit through, so cait is a flip side where the lane phase is scary early.

If you want to rush to play ranked the 450 legends offer a convenient way to get up to 16 champs, each legend is like the price of a rune. You don't even need to consider playing them all, if you already found your x legends you consider maining. Other people might want to take their time and learn the game more before they try to get into ranked.

Chopinator

11-12-2012

Ah, so the studder step is only valuable for early game then? Since later in game the AA is so fast moving them after one shot actually slows the rate or fire, correct? I realize you will still need to kite tho.