End of Season 2 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kittylisk

Member

11-12-2012

I would like a moment of silence for the renamed Zhonya's Ring.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sergeant Dragon

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Wait...

So shortfuse does 150% damage to structures? 150% of what?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rathy Aro

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAether View Post
The recent articles have been simple previews of what's to come - all of the content that's been discussed last week (plus more that we still have yet to publish!) is still being tested and balanced.
Will we get the previews discussed in one big patch or over the preseason? If one big patch, is there an ETA?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImaBuzzkill

Junior Member

11-12-2012

Hey, Changes look great imo, when will ranked games be up again? Next week?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

President Leo

Junior Member

11-12-2012

Should have patched Elise's Volatile Spiderling. Because you can't outrun them early, and they prioritize the first person that's close to it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sacchi Hikaru

Junior Member

11-12-2012

I only have one concern, if I remember correctly, you guys removed Zhonya's Ring because it was both too strong offensively (High AP and the +25% AP passive) as well as defensively (Stasis). You guys are putting the exact same things on Wooglet, may I ask why?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Da Mafia 6ix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Alright, so here's my question to you Riot.

I saw mentions of Ranked teams being available until like late December, or something to the effect.

So, if I get diamond in 3's and 5's during this period, will I still get those icons for having diamond in all 3 queues? Or was it only up until this date?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lacomanivia

Junior Member

11-12-2012

I've been waiting for this veigar buff


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pierce7d

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koxo View Post
Question... Ignite can only be casted on enemy champions - does that mean it can also be casted on wukong's W? or clones not included as enemy champ?
Quoted for great question. Reds please address this. I mean, I suppose you can ignore it because we'll all find out eventually but it would be nice to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupMuhKneeGrows View Post
Witchcap is now ruined. Movement speed is what made ap viable.
Lich Bane and Hextech Sweeper are items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaRyumaru View Post
Most of these changes are very good it would seem, but the removal of zhonya's is very disappointing, as there are no other Ap items with armor that i am aware of, not to mention there are a hand full of mages that need it or they get squished in about half a second.

Zhyona's Hourglass was replaced with Zhyona's Ring, uh, I mean, Wooglet's Witchcap.

Would love to see some minor tweaks to Lux, namely her mana usage mid-game is a bit limiting unless you're getting blue buffoften, which is a pain to do without someone lending a hand in comparison to other mages.
Most skillshot based mages struggle to take down blue alone. Encouraging teamwork is good. Lux is a good champion because her ability to seige/waveclear is strong, and she also has good defensive utility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon1712 View Post
you say that Rabadon's Deathcap was removed from Crystal Scar, but you also removed it from Twisted Treeline didn't you?
Deathcap was removed from Treeline during the Shadow Isle's Update, when Witchcap was implemented, so it was not included in this update.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theurgist Afrine

Recruiter

11-12-2012

If I may ask, will the Blackfire Torch ever see Summoner's Rift, even in a nerfed form?

Blackfire Torch

"New Recipe: Kage's Lucky Pick + Haunting Guise
Total Gold Cost: 2950 (combine cost: 700)
+70 Ability Power
+250 Health
Unique Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction
Unique Passive: +20 Magic Penetration
Unique Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target champion's maximum Health in magic damage over 3 seconds. Each second burned consumes a charge. One charge is generated each second.
Now available on Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar."

The Haunting Guise is nearly unviable in Summoner's Rift because it's just a few stats that don't build into anything, which doesn't work in the longer-type matches in Summoner's Rift. Ex. Chalice of Harmony was pretty niche and underused, until it saw an upgrade in Athene's Unholy Grail. The Haunting Guise appears to be in a similar situation: it works for only a small portion of the game, then falls off greatly due to it's lack of an item to build into. Considering that the new Blackfire Torch builds from a Kage's Lucky Pick, an item generally used to make money over time (effective over time), and a Haunting Guise, the upgrade shown here seems nearly perfect for Summoner's Rift, although the unique passive for "charges" and "burning for maximum health" would most certainly need balancing in the long-and-drawn-out style of Summoners Rift due to it's being a counter to sustain-- being used primarily on assassin type champions, who are often at a disadvantage against sustain-type champions, who thrive in these long-and-drawn-out-type matches in Summoners Rift. Therefore, even a version of the Blackfire Torch with a nerfed unique passive would be very welcome in Summoner's Rift. Also, considering the recent "changes" to Deathfire Grasp, with the removal of Cooldown Reduction, such champions as LeBlanc have trouble building Cooldown Reduction on items that don't cater too much towards sustain, which doesn't fit the playstyle of such champions on Summoner's Rift.