Help with Renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

11-12-2012

Yes King, I am working on that. I actually mentioned it on another thread here a few minutes ago. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry for all the questions.

Feel free to add me as well King, would love to do some matches with people who know what they are doing. I usually ask pre-game what people want me to play ask (range or tank) I dont get many answers. I usually wait till everyone has picked then try and decide what the team needs the most. I always ask after game if anyone has any tips for me but dont get much answers. Only done 2 PVP games thus far and didnt get any feedback from those. Usually doing coop vs bots to get a feel for the game, people tend to get worked up if you do something wrong.

I also feel like I am developing bad habits in the game because I am constantly running from lane to lane helping out teammates because they are getting overrun. I know this isnt how you are suppose to play so I know its not helping me in the long run.

zraven7

11-12-2012

@KingSilas: Thanks, forgot to explain that.

@Chopinator: I'd be happy to do some games with you, but keep in mind, I started this post to get advice about playing Renekton myself. You would not benefit playing a game with me being him. Toss me a friend invite on client. I won't be on tonight I don't think, but almost certainly tomorrow or weds. I play with a lot of friends considerably higher skill than me, most lvl 30, but they are used to playing of people of every skill level, and can make accommodation for someone who is learning. There are a lot of times where there are 3 or 4 of us, and we would much rather invite someone who will communicate than risk a random that might not say anything the entire match.

We do usually play against people instead of bots, and because of the levels, the players are going to be a higher difficulty than you're likely used to. I still recommend it, though. I've been teeming up with lvl 30 friends since I was lvl 5 (I'm lvl 16 or something, now), and I can honestly say I've learned much, much more getting my tail handed to me by tricky players than learning computer AI patterns.

But seriously, throw me that invite. I'll see you in client sometime soon. :-)

Chopinator

11-12-2012

zraven- I would love that. I will have to work on communication tho, I dont say much during match, just watch map and react. I do ping alot tho, when bot disappear or I want to gank someone (no one wards vs AI that I have played with).

Just a few more questions that are unrelated.

What do you get from Dragon, Worm thingy, Red and Blue jungle guys when you kill them besides gold and xp?

What is difference between the two wards, they both read the same to me.

Thanks again.

zraven7

11-12-2012

The "Worm Thingy" is Baron Nashor. He is the hardest neutral monster on the map, and your team generally needs to be above lvl 13 to kill him. He grants considerable gold and exp, and give s a buff:
Up to 40 ability power
Up to 40 attack damage
3% of your maximum health in health regeneration per 5 sec.
1% of your maximum mana in mana regeneration per 5 sec.

Red buff grants:
This unit's physical attacks apply a debuff that slows the target's movement speed by 8 / 16 / 24% (5 / 10 / 15% for ranged attacks) for 3 seconds and a DoT that deals 10-44 (10 at level 1, increasing by 2 damage for every level gained) bonus true damage twice. If the buff holder is slain, this buff is transferred to the killer.

Blue Buff grants:
This unit regens 25 flat mana regeneration per 5 seconds and 0.5% of their maximum mana (or energy) per second and has 20% cooldown reduction on their abilities. If slain, this buff transfers to the killer.

Killing the Dragon grants everyone on the team 190 gold, and gives considerable experience to anyone involved in killing it.

Not to discourage you asking questions, but you might want to look at the websites solomid.net and mobafire.com. There are other LoL sites, as well, but I've found those to be the more friendly to newer players.

Chopinator

11-12-2012

OK, I wont ask any more questions after this post.

I found the search functions to be less then optimal on those sites.

Do the buffs last for a set amount of time? or whole match?
Is there a specific level you should go after red or blue buffs?
When you ace someone (or have a 5-2, 4-1, ect.. advantage) is it best to attack towers\base or go for these buffs?
All the other guys in the jungle just give gold and xp?
Ummm, I am sure there are more I am not thinking of but Ill scour the above mentioned sites for them when i think of them. Thanks again for the help.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

Please feel free to continue asking question. That is why the forum is here, and there are always players willling to answer. If you think of something and it happens to be off-topic to the thread you are welcome to make a new thread so things don't get out of hand.

As far as what you asked
Having a "jungler" on your team means that at level 1 they will be starting at either Red or Blue buff. This allows them to clear all of the jungle camps for gold and xp. They then gank the other lanes, attempting to either kill the enemy, or in some way give a distinct advantage to your ally. The other jungle camps (wolves, wraiths, mini golems) will give a slight heal in addition to gold and xp for killing the "big minion". There is no "set" level to start jungling, unless you are in fact "the jungler" in which case it's level 1. Attempting to kill jungle camps without sustain/armor/full hp can be difficult. In some cases they will end up killing you (while announcing to both teams you are dead; everyone will "lol" in /all). Blue buff is perfect for Mages and mana dependant junglers, while Red is great for Ganks and adding some slowing to an ADs auto attacks.

I can't quite remember the timers on the buffs <,< though Red and Blue respawn every 5 minutes

zraven7

11-12-2012

Seriously, dude, ask all the questions you like. Sometimes it helps to hear it from someone who is conversing with you personally, I know. Just thought you might like the sites for when you couldn't get a hold of anyone.

I'm pretty sure the buffs are 3 minutes, though I think baron might be 5.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

^ there is also a skill in the utility mastery tree that increase the duration of all monster buffs, relics, and shrines

Skyhawke

11-12-2012

It looks like any questions addressed to me already got answered in this thread.

Chopinator (or anyone in this thread) if you want to add me in the game client feel free, and I can answer any of your questions over chat, or play a game when I have time (I play everything from ranked to normal to bot games so that's not a problem).