Help with Renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

11-12-2012

Can you tell me what "If someone tries to dive you" is?

What is dive?

zraven7

11-12-2012

@Chopinator: With most build orders, this is subjective. If you have the slots, building it in pieces is fine, but that can be a lot of trips back to the well, which is less time in lane. Conversely, waiting to buy whole items robs you of the incremental bonuses that would be received if you bought the pieces individually. It boils down to a judgement call as to when to leave the lane. I personally, with any character, try to stay in the lane as long as I am effective, and only go back when I need to, with the exception of when I'm playing support in my early build. Supports need to get GP10 items absolutely as soon as possible, to maximize return and hurry their build. Otherwise, just feel out the match, and go back when you think you will no longer be effective in your lane without more items. Then, buy what you can afford and what you have slots for.

And a "Dive" is a Tower Dive. It's when they pursue you into the range of your tower, and are taking hits from it, in an attempt to get a kill on your character. If Renekton can lure a dive, he has an ult that gives him an HP boos, and an ability that stuns, making him more tanky than he initially appeared, and forcing the enemy to take more tower hits than they intended.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopinator View Post
So sorry to hijack a thread.

I have one other question. I see that zraven has his build order set. Do you buy these items as pieces throughout the match or do you just save up gold and buy them once you have gold for them?
Items are usually built in tiers. Tier 1 is Cloth Armor, Mana Crystal, Ampliying tome, etc and are not built out of other items. Tier 2 generally have the items in their recipe and have added stats. Tier 3 can be built out of multiple Tier 2 items.

Chopinator

11-12-2012

What is " Supports need to get GP10 items " What are GP10 items?

Thanks all for the help.

Also I feel like I am doing ok for first week in game, vs AI on Beginner (ya I know means nothing) I usually have a 7 or 8 to 1 kill\death ratio and twice that for assist.

I do really with with ADC but not quite as well with Melee (Rene is exception, he is a beast for me).

I tried a few games vs Intermediate bots but there build was so fast that they just wipe me out completely, so I assumed I was building wrong. But from zraven is saying my build isnt all that bad. Any thoughts?

zraven7

11-12-2012

@Chpoinator: Support characters are generally positioned bottom row with the teams Ranged Attack Damage champion, or AD carry. AD Carrys are usually relatively weak game start, and very damaging game end, but tend to have expensive items they need to complete their build. As such, they need a lot of money, which means a lot of minion kills. So, the Support character stays on the bottom row with them, kills no minions, and helps to keep them alive and to set up kills. There are items that grant you and additional 5 gold per 10 seconds(gold per 10 seconds, or GP10), and these, combined with certain masteries and runes, are where a support character gets the vast majority of their income from. As such, it's important that they get them as early in the game as possible for them, so that they can get the money to still be effective late game.

And yes, I tend to main Support.

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
So sorry to hijack a thread.

I have one other question. I see that zraven has his build order set. Do you buy these items as pieces throughout the match or do you just save up gold and buy them once you have gold for them?
You can buy the components and they come together for the main item.

There is no discount for buying the whole item or pieces of it for completion.
Quote:
Can you tell me what "If someone tries to dive you" is?

What is dive?
When an enemy champion rushes into usually extreme danger (Your entire team, a tower) to attack you. It is usually high risk unless they have a ridiculous edge.
Quote:
What is " Supports need to get GP10 items " What are GP10 items?
GP/10 items are (subject to change) Philosopher's Stone, Heart of Gold, Avarice Blade, and Kage's Lucky Pick. They all grant you increased passive gold generation. They're usually vital to supports, who have no other reliable gold income, and currently junglers, who have the second lowest gold intake.

Chopinator

11-12-2012

W before you doing a normal attack is Rene stun correct?

Also do any of you struggle with the quick builds by intermediate bots?

zraven7

11-12-2012

@Chopinator: About the bots, not really. Thing to do is work on your last hitting. It is seriously one of the most important things in the game.

Chopinator

11-12-2012

zraven- Any chance you could add me and do a match or 2 with me using Rene, I can use all the help I can get.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

^ before you ask Chop :P

Last hitting is when you let your allied minions deal 90% of the damage to an enemy minion and then auto attacking once . This secures you the gold for the kill. If youu were to continuosly auto attack the same minion there is chance your allied minion will accidently get the kill, thus gaining you nothing. You will also end up pushing the lane. Which can cause you to overextend, and leaves you at a disadvantaged to ganks (attacks from the enemy coming from the Fog of War)