Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Initial RP/IP Grant Discontinued?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanderas

11-12-2012

I've been noticing a lot of talk (in high excess of the usual) on the forum about people not recieving any RP/IP when they create their PBE accounts (or at all for that matter) and was wondering if it had been discontinued without any mention? I myself didn't recieve any Points when I created my PBE account a couple of months ago, though it didn't bother me because I just tested out free champs while I waited for my weekly stipend (which actually took two weeks, along with my level up to 30).

Personally, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to discontinue it as it may help in the effort to reduce the presense of players only interested in taking new champs for a spin rather than legitimately testing them. At any rate, it would be nice to be formally told if this is the case, and if not at least some acknowledgement that Riot is concious of the problem and something on how long the issues with the distribution script can be expected to continue.

KyroRayne

Recruiter

11-12-2012

This is one of the more well written posts on here about this issue. I haven't had an issue with it since I created my account a long time ago, but with all of the complaints about, I'm surprised that someone has the decency to write a well thought out post outlining the cause and possible solutions to the issue.

Props for not being a whiny kid about it

Sermok

11-12-2012

I actualy got my weekend stipend just fine yesterday. I didn't get my initial ip and rp but I'm pretty okay with this when the new champs to test are pretty cheap.

Sidtz

11-12-2012

signed up just this month, got my initial IP and RP by the next day and have gotten both weekly stipends.

would be nice to know why some people are having problems but not others.

RiotDaemon

QA Lead

11-12-2012

That is a good question that I don't have a great answer to. I know player volume on PBE is high so we don't run the initial rp and ip script as often as we used to as it causes server load. I will try to follow up and see how often it is run now.

DrChubs

11-12-2012

Quote:
RiotDaemon:
That is a good question that I don't have a great answer to. I know player volume on PBE is high so we don't run the initial rp and ip script as often as we used to as it causes server load. I will try to follow up and see how often it is run now.

This is really on the case for new players even for the weekly stipend. Have you made sure that your script is running correctly and adding the newer players to the script?

joe42

11-12-2012

riot is bad who agree? + me if yes - me for no

Kermit666

11-12-2012

Quote:
DrChubs:
This is really on the case for new players even for the weekly stipend. Have you made sure that your script is running correctly and adding the newer players to the script?

I got initial RP/IP, but haven't seen any weekly stipend yet - but I joined this month, and haven't really given any testing-type feedback yet

I do get the occasional weird mouse behavior in normal NA server but I want to wait till it happens in PBE before I try to report it :P

Edit: I think I did get it, just didn't remember what it was earlier and got confused. Will keep track and check next week.

DarkTundras

11-13-2012

I've had no problem after signing up recently, i get my stipends every sunday. O_o