Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

smurfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phil002

11-11-2012

so i made a new account to play with a friend who ive convinced to start playing one that we could level up together and not get weird teams cause i was a higher level. but the first couple of games have been almost nothing but smurfs.

It wouldnt be that big of a deal except that they rage at the actual new players (maybe one or two in a game)

it was the worst display of sportsmanship ive ever seen. they would rage if the new player died, or if they managed a kill it was stolen, they would rage at the builds, even if the newbie was following the recommended build in the store. they even raged cause the guy didnt know what lane he was supposed to go to.

i just dont get what is so fun about these supposedly platinum 30s that have 2000 wins, making a new account just to rofl-stomp players that can barely cast their abilities in the right direction.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

11-11-2012

Riot performed a massive manual audit within the last few days and issued a large number of two-week bans and permabans. This is probably a difficult time to be on a level 1 account. Many of these raging smurfs just lost access to their main. All you can really do about it is report them (and mute them if necessary). New accounts do not stay open for long if they start accumulating reports right from game #1.

Nisaaa

11-12-2012

If only bans tracked IPs instead of accounts.

The best thing you can do is to NOT retaliate. Stay quiet, do your best, and the game will eventually be over.

Seligas

11-12-2012

Quote:
Nisaaa:
If only bans tracked IPs instead of accounts.

They already discussed why that wouldn't work, mostly because of places that share similar ips such as college dorms and the like.

Judas Priest

11-12-2012

I recently created a smurf on another server because I don't want to transfer my NA account and I've seen the same thing. There are lots of smurfs all around, it's terrible. Playing in low level is the worst LoL experience I've ever had, it's really horrible. I'm currently only playing with bots till I reach level 30. I don't know why people would want to create another account on the same server to play with newbies and rage at them instead of playing with skilled players in their own level/ELO. I really don't get it.

Groovy Turtle

11-12-2012

Being a new player I quite agree the smurfs suck Y_Y
They should be helping instead of yelling

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

Quote:
Padre Judas:
I recently created a smurf on another server because I don't want to transfer my NA account and I've seen the same thing. There are lots of smurfs all around, it's terrible. Playing in low level is the worst LoL experience I've ever had, it's really horrible. I'm currently only playing with bots till I reach level 30. I don't know why people would want to create another account on the same server to play with newbies and rage at them instead of playing with skilled players in their own level/ELO. I really don't get it.

I would carefull leveling an account to 30 playing only bots. It may not seem like it, but it will teach you some really awefull habits. Better to just mute/report the people that rage. If you get to 30, having missed information only learned in pvp, the rage will be even higher should you go back.

If people are so tired of having smurfs/semi-experienced randoms rage I don't understand why you wouldn't invite/make friends to play with. At least that way you can control somewhat who is on your team.

@OP
If when asked "what your MOBA skill level is?" you answered some or high (whatever) you will be more likely to be matched with others like you. Then, the more you win, the more smurfs you fight. Elo is set up to seperate the very skilled and the very new. By level 10 if a smurf has been steamrolling he will be more likely to face other smurfs. That and higher levels. Say this same smurf has won 80% of his games and has reached level 15. MANY of the matches played will end up having multiple higher levels on the other team. At the other end say you have a new player who struggled significantly. He has lost 75% of his games. At a level of 12 (having not gotten much xp for his losses) will still be fighting 1-5s as he doesn't yet have the skill to help carry against higher level teams.

Unfortunately MOBA games are notorious for having ****ty communities. LoL has one of the better ones. If someone is constantly harassing you just ignore and report, it's best option.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

PROTIP:

When I first started playing, I too was frustrated with losing a lot of matches to facerollers. This was before CooP vs AI was implemented. Before that you had to make a custom lobby and add in bots manually...and these bots were absolute ****...like really bad.

However what I found was joining/creating custom lobbies meant only for 1-10 levels or 5-15 levels etc. garnered the best results. Smurfs will generally avoid these and simply stick with solo queueing.
You are incharge (if creating a room) of who stays and who gets kicked. You also won't run into anyone duoing with 30s. It might take a little bit longer to get a match, but generally you'll have other new players who know as about as much as you. There is also far less rage involved.