I really thought Romney would win the election

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magy

11-12-2012

Because the mayans predicted that the world would end in 2012.

Coedeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Still happening. Companies firing employees if they 'think' they voted for Obama, states trying to secede, civil war a coming.

standin

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coedeed View Post
Still happening. Companies firing employees if they 'think' they voted for Obama, states trying to secede, civil war a coming.
We have the fear-inducing 1%ers who own Faux News to thank for that. Their greed and outright lies have succeeded in dividing this nation of people who would otherwise probably agree on many issues.

BSHMFWFM

11-13-2012

jukes

Bilbosky

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by standin View Post
We have the fear-inducing 1%ers who own Faux News to thank for that. Their greed and outright lies have succeeded in dividing this nation of people who would otherwise probably agree on many issues.
Yep, everyone who doesn't agree with your views is controlled by the oh so evil 1% who lie, steal, and probably kill kittens and puppies on the side. How else could anyone possibly disagree with you? Love the pathetic hypocrisy by the way; you're hopelessly polarized against the opposition's views, and yet you blame them for dividing the nation. You're no better, not even slightly.

standin

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbosky View Post
Yep, everyone who doesn't agree with your views is controlled by the oh so evil 1% who lie, steal, and probably kill kittens and puppies on the side. How else could anyone possibly disagree with you? Love the pathetic hypocrisy by the way; you're hopelessly polarized against the opposition's views, and yet you blame them for dividing the nation. You're no better, not even slightly.
Thank you for assuming things. But I shouldn't expect any less from you. Not because you tend to be Republican but because you yourself are a jerkface who doesn't actually look to communicate with people.

Bilbosky

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by standin View Post
Thank you for assuming things. But I shouldn't expect any less from you. Not because you tend to be Republican but because you yourself are a jerkface who doesn't actually look to communicate with people.
You flame your opposition (Republicans) for either being greedy liars or being manipulated by said greedy liars. That's a unyielding, polarized stance which doesn't yield any sort of meaningful communication, so why should I bother?

For the record, I actually agree with you on some points - plenty of fear-mongering gets tossed around on both sides of the table, and obviously every politician and businessman out there has something to gain from the beliefs they hold. I swing Libertarian, and believe that a lot of the Republican leadership is comprised of half-brained morons. My issue with you is that you seem to apply this to the entire Republican party and not to anyone else, and then use it to disregard any of their stances by calling them greedy liars. That's divisive, polarizing, and hypocritical politics at its core, and I've yet to see a post of yours to prove my impression wrong.

Redfoxmagic

11-13-2012

Not touching this post with a 50 foot pole!

AlmightyAtheismo

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbosky View Post

I don't think he's talking about people disagreeing with his views. Fox News is well known to be a little light in the "facts" department. I mean certainly there are stations with heavy liberal biases, but they don't straight up make stuff up.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen something on Fox News that was later showed to be flat out incorrect.

And it's also funny how obvious they are with their bias, like when Romney's tape of him insulting almost half of America got leaked Fox News immediately pulled a tape of Obama...from 12 years ago.

Anyways, I have no comment on the topic of this thread or whether Romney would/wouldn't have made a good president, but don't try to defend Fox News - everyone knows they're scum, even conservatives.

Bilbosky

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyAtheismo View Post
I don't think he's talking about people disagreeing with his views. Fox News is well known to be a little light in the "facts" department. I mean certainly there are stations with heavy liberal biases, but they don't straight up make stuff up.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen something on Fox News that was later showed to be flat out incorrect.

And it's also funny how obvious they are with their bias, like when Romney's tape of him insulting almost half of America got leaked Fox News immediately pulled a tape of Obama...from 12 years ago.

Anyways, I have no comment on the topic of this thread or whether Romney would/wouldn't have made a good president, but don't try to defend Fox News - everyone knows they're scum, even conservatives.
Her post references the "the fear inducing 1%ers who own faux news." She's not really talking about the news station, but Republican leadership, and in her previous posts in other threads she consistently talks about Republican lies and the like. I wouldn't have been nearly as harsh if it was just this one post.

That being said, I never mentioned fox news, because there's no reason to defend them as you've stated. Any Republican who gets their news solely from fox or sources like drudge is a biased moron, and the same could be said for any Democrat who solely watches MSNBC or only reads the nytimes. Both parties and subsequently popular news sources love playing the game of loaded language and bias to convince their constituents that the other side is a bunch of dirty, thieving liars because polarization seems to be more effective than substance to the general population.