Hi guys. I'm new to adc and would like to ask some questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hanwi

11-11-2012

So I've seen many ad carries build either bt or ie first, question is whats the difference?

Wet Cave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

You take bt if your champ scale a lot on ad.
You take IE if you want those super lategame champ (ashe,Vayne,etc.).

JungleKingPrime

11-11-2012

Get bt if you think the laning phase is going to be passive and dragged out.

If it looks like theres going to be a lot of mid game team fights/skirmishes then get ie, it will let you deal more damage with auto attacks (beacuse of crits), and you won't have as much time to farm (for bt stacks).

It also depends quite a bit on the adc, and how well they scale with ad.

Jikkur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

I build bloodthirster first on champions that are more agressive and need to be close range that need the lifesteal to survive fights (Draven Vayne)
I take IE on champions that should be okay without massive lifesteal in the earlier parts of the game (Twitch Graves)

Bu Gao Xing

Master Recruiter

11-11-2012

champions who rely more heavily on auto-attacking (ashe, miss fortune, tristana, kog'maw) due to their kit usually go for the IE. Champions with more skills that scale on ad (graves, sivir, varus) generally take the BT.

Saizo Akuma

11-11-2012

IE more damage, and more of an item you would go for if your playing aggressive, and want to continue dominating the lane, BT if your playing passive, and more sustain due to the lifesteal.

Or you can just go for either first, both are good items.

Suetsukata

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleKingPrime View Post
Get bt if you think the laning phase is going to be passive and dragged out.

If it looks like theres going to be a lot of mid game team fights/skirmishes then get ie, it will let you deal more damage with auto attacks (beacuse of crits), and you won't have as much time to farm (for bt stacks).

It also depends quite a bit on the adc, and how well they scale with ad.
What this guy said.

What I usually do in the second situation is just grab a vamp sceptre and then go for a IE with BT coming after PD. It seems to work pretty well

pochoclotot

11-11-2012

BT -> sustain, later damage

IE -> massive damage

In most cases you'll probably end up getting both, I usually pick bt for the sustain.

jars

11-11-2012

I build bt if a champion has more damage from abilities. like varus is almost an ad caster with his q and e burst.

Wintermaulz

11-11-2012

If im getting poked at alot, i get BT first. If i can be more aggresive, i tend to but a VS then get IE to be able to dominate the other ADC