Why is Fiddle considered trash?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PPPPPPPPPPPP270

11-11-2012

Well in Solo que people don't counter jungle enough but invade. If he can survive an invade he can gank really well with his ult and destroy teams with his ultimate. Season 3 jungle will help him greatly. You might as well learn him for that.
I might try since I only use Skarner jungle and that's 40% of my ranked games.

Rathadin

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlocmancer View Post
Alot of the times that I pick him, my team moans and groans and says for me to switch. But I honestly don't get hte hate, his ult, especially when ambushing is amazing, his fear last for a long time at top level, silence cna kill an enemy team, and he is like AP yi tank wise but his heal is on a much lower CD and deals damage aswell. I just don't get the hate, he seems amazing. I mean I don't know how he fairs in like gold/diamond tier but I don't get the hate. Can someone explain this to me or am I just having unique experiences with the hate of fiddle?
The problem with Fiddle is that he requires a good place to use his ult. This usually requires hiding in bushes or being out of sight from the enemy team. If you don't do that, then you end up being disrupted during the ridiculously long channel time.

Because of the way the game has changed, people prefer mid champs with ults that "just work" without having to rely on their actual intelligence in terms of luring the enemy team to you.

Smellis

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubby2 View Post
He is bad at jungling, slow, squishy, and bad pre-six ganks.

He cant go mid well because he doesnt do very much long ranged damage, and mages often have CC whichs sucks for him.

He dies in one second because hes squishy as balls.
You've clearly never really played fiddle as a mid champ very much.

Fiddle is one of the scariest laners to go against if they know which skills to rank up first. A 3 second fear in the presence of a good jungler is something that lets him totally snowball his lane. Darkwind (E) is a STRONG harass skill that is both long range and silences, if you're gonna try and argue that its not good i can only imagine you're one of those guys that just nukes the creep wave with it all game.

Fiddle also has a taunt. Its not an offical taunt but go play fiddle and cast drain on a creep. 90% of the players i've been against ALWAYS come in to try and either harass or stop the drain and usually end up with me canceling it myself for a fear/E combo leaving me completely unscathed.

Fiddle is a deceptively powerful mid laner. While he lacks escape options once hes truly caught. Hes a hard champ to gank due to fear, hes a terrifying opponent when played right and cordinating with his own jungler, he has high harass power and is still an incredible roamer.

All hes waiting for is one pro to pick him up and do well in a tourny (ala just like every other popular ap mid)

BrainStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

He's a good support.

gregorymarco

11-11-2012

Build tankysticks (Rylais, Zhonya, Abyssal, ROA, sorc shoes, and hat) then laugh heartily as you can 3v1 while ignited. Spirit visage can be > than roa sometimes.

Letkhar

11-11-2012

Because bads will be bads.

ATastyDessert

11-11-2012

Ehh I suppose you can play Fiddle mid/support. Max Terrify first and get ganks or gank other lanes for maximum kill potential. Of course if you're having a hard time, max Drain first.

Items should be:
Sorc boots
Zhonya's Hourglass
Rabadon's Deathcap
Rylais Crystal Scepter
Abyssal or Void Staff for late game. However Abyssal is still good since Fiddle's passive and Sorcs will lower their MR substantially.
Rod of Ages can work well with him

Slogra

11-11-2012

Fiddlesticks has a very strong counter that every enemy champion can use.
Is he draining you? Walk away.
Is he crowstorming you? Walk away.
Did he just throw his dark wind at you? Walk away from your nearest ally or minion, and it stops bouncing.
The counter to Fiddlesticks is to walk away.

Letkhar

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellis View Post
You've clearly never really played fiddle as a mid champ very much.

Fiddle is one of the scariest laners to go against if they know which skills to rank up first. A 3 second fear in the presence of a good jungler is something that lets him totally snowball his lane. Darkwind (E) is a STRONG harass skill that is both long range and silences, if you're gonna try and argue that its not good i can only imagine you're one of those guys that just nukes the creep wave with it all game.

Fiddle also has a taunt. Its not an offical taunt but go play fiddle and cast drain on a creep. 90% of the players i've been against ALWAYS come in to try and either harass or stop the drain and usually end up with me canceling it myself for a fear/E combo leaving me completely unscathed.

Fiddle is a deceptively powerful mid laner. While he lacks escape options once hes truly caught. Hes a hard champ to gank due to fear, hes a terrifying opponent when played right and cordinating with his own jungler, he has high harass power and is still an incredible roamer.

All hes waiting for is one pro to pick him up and do well in a tourny (ala just like every other popular ap mid)
The only problem is he can't push.

Elchulus

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubby2 View Post
He is bad at jungling, slow, squishy, and bad pre-six ganks.

He cant go mid well because he doesnt do very much long ranged damage, and mages often have CC whichs sucks for him.

He dies in one second because hes squishy as balls.
(1) Slow jungler is true. Say what you want about his ganks, but once he gets level 3-5 in fear they're pretty scary.

(2) As a mid counterpick, he is extremely good. He out-dpses many mages.

(3) One can easily build resistances on fiddle, since his base damages are very high.