Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What about armor pen boots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Rastapopulos

11-11-2012

Your oppinion i'd like to know

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

11-11-2012

Unnecessary because there are already AS and CDR boots; if you added ArPen, either they wouldn't be used because they'd be less useful than the other options (save for on a very few specific champions) or it would be more powerful than the current choices and make the others obsolete.

Sonic Nova

11-11-2012

I would have to disagree that they wouldn't be used or more powerful than the boot options currently available, but I will say that there would be an imbalance between armor pen and magic pen items.

Prover

01-26-2013

I think they would be awesome but something would have to be done about the black cleaver most likely. I'm tired of building mercury treads or boots of mobility when this item would be so much better.

Galgus

01-28-2013

Against it for two reasons:

1. Armor pen stacking can already get rediculous easilly.

2. ADs who could also use Berserker's Greaves would have to pull out a calculator to see which adds more damage.

All the current boots have clear benefits relative to the others because none of them aim for the same goal.

phromic

01-28-2013

i have to agree it is pointless .
there are already a lot of options for damage zeal, a good cheap item that builds into several good items . berserker's Greaves , really cheap to get also . plus both have good items before they are even built .

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

01-28-2013

Not only does it get necro'd because someone thinks it's a good idea, but the next two people to post in it agree that it's a bad idea.

Banana Dragon

01-28-2013

the problem with this is like shown above the armor pen stacking aready making armor useless. BC and LW give 70% arm pen combo that with runes and masteries your looking at maybe around 85-90% armor pen. to balence this issue we need to increase the cost to warmogs to 3k. and we also need armor pen after about 60% have diminishing returns so armor is once again viable. so you can get up to that 70-75% mark. but not with ease.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

01-28-2013

Quote:
Legacy Draxon:
the problem with this is like shown above the armor pen stacking aready making armor useless. BC and LW give 70% arm pen combo that with runes and masteries your looking at maybe around 85-90% armor pen. to balence this issue we need to increase the cost to warmogs to 3k. and we also need armor pen after about 60% have diminishing returns so armor is once again viable. so you can get up to that 70-75% mark. but not with ease.

Your numbers are off. You're not accounting for multiplicative scaling, which reduces how much it actually affects. Here's how it works;

You have 100% Armor.
Black Cleaver removes 25% of that Armor. You now have 75% Armor.
Last Whisper ignores 35% of that Armor. You're being dealt damage as if at 48.75% (not 40%).

Further attempts to reduce/ignore Armor are multiplicative as well. ensuring that you'll have at least 30% of your Armor (yeah, that's not much, but it happens when you let them build up pure armor pen. Randuin's still beats the **** out of that sort of build still).

Irelia Bot

01-28-2013

Wait... you mean... talon needs more flat armor pen?