Does slows stack? -basic question-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Rastapopulos

11-11-2012

Hi am wondering; if i take for example sejuani and i buy a frozen malet, will the slows with the frozen and sej basic attacks will stack or chose between the greater value? And is ti the same with crystal scepter woth for exanple nunu? Finally, if i have a champion like ganplank with an on hit effect spell, if i take a crystal scepter with a frozen mallet plus his passive, what will happend? Thx alottt :3

Blue101

11-11-2012

short answer: slows do stack yes.

Long answer: when you buy a frozen mallet as Sejuani her passive 10% slow is applied and then the frozen mallet's slow is applied to their reduced speed. so it slows them another 40% from 90% movement speed, effectively reducing their speed to 54% ( 90% current movement speed * 0.4 slow value = 36%effective slow from frozen mallet ). essentially, there are diminishing returns in stacking slows from different sources on the same target because slows stack multiplicatively instead of additively. this works the same way for all slow stacking, for example crystal scepter woth for exanple nunu or gangplank and frozen mallet. Slows also stack in this manor when two different champions slow the same target, for example Nunu and Nasus.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

What Blue said, but also, only the highest passive slow effect will actually be factored in stacking.

For example, Frozen Mallet+Warden's Mail, only FM's slow will actually be calculated because they're both passive effects and 40%>35%

Sonic Nova

11-11-2012

Also, since it is multiplicative, you can never achieve 100% slow, always 99.999.... You can grind a person to a snail's pace with enough slows, but they won't stop dead in their tracks (unless you kill them, in that case they did XD ).

Cpt Rastapopulos

11-11-2012

Well thx everyone now i can't wait to play sejuani again :3

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Nova View Post
Also, since it is multiplicative, you can never achieve 100% slow, always 99.999.... You can grind a person to a snail's pace with enough slows
Also note that there are a series of soft caps in place, both for increases and decreases, with regards to movespeed -- pass certain breakpoints, and the flat value calculated from the percentage is reduced.