Is Dominion generally more toxic than Summoner's Rift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackDAILO

11-11-2012

The only kind of "toxic games" that I get are the ones with Kassadin and Jayce on the enemy team hue.

NamKim

11-11-2012

I find that Dominion tends to attract less toxic players. But that is just from my point of view.

Regardless, toxic players on any game mode is not welcomed so be sure to report them after the game and let the justice system take care of the rest. Also be sure to never go down to their level.

I play League of Legends to kick back and have some fun. The last thing I want in my games is someone that makes gaming more stressful than real life. I am what you would call a "casual gamer." I play games to have fun and competition does not mean much to me. That doesn't mean I don't try to win every game. It means I would rather put my all into the game, have tons of fun with everyone, and lose. Rather than win games with little effort and make others feel bad for not reaching my unreasonably high expectations.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Having played this game for quite a while, I do have quite a few Dom games under my belt regardless.

Plus my ELO isn't anything to write home about in SR either.
As Sakuri said, you're playing with others like yourself, just passing through every now and again, don't particularly like the mode or take it seriously. Kind of a recipe for toxic.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I see much less trolling and flaming in Dom games.

Veni13

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Dominion games on the other hand, you try to give ANY bit of advice or command, you're met with "STFU mind your own business"
I think that's kinda true. I've seen a lot of people who can't take any criticism regardless of their mistakes. It's definitely rare for someone to take advice and criticism of their build/bad plays in stride and just learn from it. That's probably because the mode is faster-paced and more competitive in a sense. Though the higher elo you are the more mature the people get (usually).

BeefJerkyHunter

11-12-2012

I am the toxic one in my games.

TCWA Tigerbite

11-12-2012

I think my ELO has fallen off the deep end the past 2 weeks. I don't get matched up with any of the epic players. I'm always with new people I've never seen before. And holy **** they're complete ass holes. (This is me doing Solo Q). I got so tired of it I had to go play a game of TT.

Unfortunately, I was paired with an ******* that game to and said F it, and went back to GW2. -_-

Infirc

11-12-2012

There are toxic players in every gamemode however as a rule of thumb

if your win rate is lower than +10 then kind sir you are playing with particular summonner's rift players which are the real poison of lol a.k.a metasheeps (not that all of sr players are the poison of lol, only those) those that easily lose patience over anything, particularyl first blood or you getting one shotte by olaf under your turret "WTF NOOB I TOLD YOU TO BACK YOU ****ING PIECE OF **** YOU LOSE US THE GAME PLEASE REPORT THIS BAG OF **** HE MAKES THE GAME $V% 4v5 **** **** **** PIECE OF ****" NO COUNT AS PERSON", you aren't a playing with a particular gamemode's community if you are playing at starting Elo, Prime example: I always get a random Moron that insults me and trhreatens to report me when i try to jungle in Twisted treeline because my elo there is **** ty starting elo and i get paired with random sheeps coming from sr "just to try build or champion in dis joke mode before taking it to srz biznuz in nurmals heard it feeerst at streeeeem"

Vintage Daisy

11-12-2012

Played SR the other day for the first time in months.

Draft pick.

First game: 2 Feeders.
Second game: Flamers/Raging because didn't get role he wants.
Third game: Genuine Promote/Revive troll.
Dodged like 3 times.
All games had people raging over roles even thou it's Draft and everyone should just ****ing get on with it, example: If you're last pick, play w/e the **** is left and stfu.
People flaming all game. Even enemies gloating and flaming when winning, something I never see in Dominion.

Then again in EUW I'm at 2200+ normal Elo so everyone pretty much knows each other, is friendly and plays a lot together, there is much of a better sense of community, unlike Farmers Rift where everyone seems to be out to murder each other.

Conclusion: SR is a lot more toxic and I do wish they would bring out ranked Dominion already.

No1CritsLkGaston

11-12-2012

I see alot of the same people all day long. I was a SR Ranked fiend there for a while, but came back to dominion a few weeks ago. Now what I can tell you, is that, GENERALLY, Dominion has way less toxic players then SR. I can tell you that there are some players I see on a Daily occurrence that I would consider Toxic, but for the whole, Dominion is not as bad as SR.

I would chalk it up to the fact that we are (at least at my current elo) all pretty serious about Dominion.