Is Dominion generally more toxic than Summoner's Rift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

I just compared my last 6 Ranked SR games with my last 6 Dominion games.

Among my 6 SR games, only 1 of them was truly toxic(it revolved around who is Support), but in the other 5 games, the closest thing that came to being toxic was when someone got caught alone in late game and gave the enemy a Free Baron, the resulting exchange was..."That was a dumbass move there....please stick with us next time" "Yeah sorry " "Just don't do it again plz" "aye "

While "dumbass move" can be considered verbal abuse, it's nothing compared to the stuff I've seen in Dominion. And the person admits his **** up and apologized, and he did follow us for the rest of the game and won.

Dominion games on the other hand, you try to give ANY bit of advice or command, you're met with "STFU mind your own business" or equally common "F*cking tryhard /ignored", or "stfu brah it's just Dom tryhard". Play an AD Carry, and ask for someone to tank for you, and you also get those responses. There seems to be a unifying element in all those games...but I notice it was a LOT easier to lose your patience in a Dominion game than it is in a SR game. Teamwork seems to be nigh impossible to achieve in Dominion. There were also far more ragequits in Dominion than in my SR games. The only Ragequit in my SR game was that really ****ty one with the Support. Dominion 2 ragequits, both happened immediately after we lost the top point in the beginning of the game.

So is Dominion like this for other people? Are there actual data that shows how toxic games can be for different Map Modes?

I generally play Dominion when I wanted a quick 1st Win of the Day, and whenever I do do that, it ends up like this quite often. On a completely unrelated note, I don't play Dom much, but is it just me or is Jax and Singed basically a win button in Dom?

Sakuri Ono

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post

I generally play Dominion when I wanted a quick 1st Win of the Day, and whenever I do do that, it ends up like this quite often. On a completely unrelated note, I don't play Dom much, but is it just me or is Jax and Singed basically a win button in Dom?
There's your problem. Dom matching for normals uses Hidden ELO. So almost never playing the mode with anything resembling regularity means you're circling the toilet bowl ranks. Consider the "I barely play Dom" ELO to be roughly the same as 700< SR ELO (because the match maker swings pretty broadly from approximately the 1300< when matching you with teammates).

And if you think Dom is still more Toxic...well...

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Having played this game for quite a while, I do have quite a few Dom games under my belt regardless.

Plus my ELO isn't anything to write home about in SR either.

Orphane

11-11-2012

Someone who doesn't play Dominion much draws hasty conclusions about the Dominion community based on an incredibly small sample size for both Dominion and Ranked games.

Yeap.

Confirmation bias strikes again!

Sakuri Ono

11-11-2012

I'm only seeing a 295/284 on Lolmatches for your Dominion games. 'Technically' that shouldn't be that bad but when you factor in that you very rarely play this mode and those wins were slowly accumulated over a very long time your ELO likely hasn't moved very much at all. Even more so if you've ever Duo+'d in this mode since apparently losing games like that has a much harder penalty for losses with a lesser gain for wins.

Also to consider is that you might just be playing at the 'wrong time of day'. Certain hours attract more trolls than others (so the odds of playing a game with them exponentially grows). Typically early mornings and mid afternoons.

WaterD103

11-11-2012

I agree dominion is more toxic, Halfhearted and cptblueberry (or something like that) always treat me bad ingame, Fdru also mean to me.

MrSmileyy

11-11-2012

I very very rarely get toxic dominion games

XantheInsane

11-11-2012

of course dominion is more toxic than sr, there is a teemo in every game

FOODFOOD

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmileyy View Post
I very very rarely get toxic dominion games
This^

Ahlen

11-11-2012

The key to non toxic games:

No all chat, ignore everyone when the game starts.