Help me with Hecarim?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aizael

11-11-2012

So, I've been playing him in the AI games as a top lane. I do pretty well, but when I tried to go into a normal match this way... Lets just say there was mass freaking and bailing. Is a top lane Hecarim out of the question? I've been trying to learn to jungle, but even with starting with the cloth armor and the pots, he is still ultra squishy. Suggestions?

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

he isn't a strong top lane, his q gives him the skarner treatment, MANA HUNGRY.

this basically means when you go to trade or harass you will be oom and the other champion can come back again soon

he relies too much on blue buff before getting sheen and glacial shroud

MedievalMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Hecarim shines in the jungle and ganking on any lane. I think its a waste to send him top when he can carry his team from the jungle.

BallzzMcgee

11-12-2012

I would have to completely disagree with all of you. I have been playing him top lane for about 3 weeks now and he is able absolute terror top lane.

I always hear he has mana issues but if you have man's issues you Are not playing him right. I probably have an 80 percent win rate with him top lane. Only chars I've lost too are darius, renekton and teemo.

Save your mana and last hit until around level 5 and that's when you can normally trade decently with him. I generally start boots and pots. Unless I feel I'm going to need the Armor. If I'm doing well I rush a phage, and if not I get boots 2 merc or ninja tabis... Whichever I need. Then if your still doing well rush tri force, if not get a chain vest and then tri. Items are all subjective after that.

I'm dead serious when I say he's good top lane. Better than jungle. He can stay in lane for a long time, impossible to gank with his E and ult if needed, and he gets more farm top than in the jungle and he scales very well off cs. If say as soon as you have tri force its over.

Proceed to team fight and win every battle if ur teams working well together. Hecarim carries games and team fights. Too stronk. Any more questions feel free to ask me in game or here.

Kyzrathnosh

11-12-2012

Not going to quote BallzzMcgee beause I completely agree with everything he said. Hs 'mana hungry' thing? Easily worked around by getting... dun dun dun... Philo stone. Seriously. Pays for itself and can give you a team-wide speedbuff when turned into a Shurelya's.

To anyone who says he shouldn't build Shurelya's, remember that he's an initiator and scales with movement speed.

BallzzMcgee

11-12-2012

I think people think Hecarim is mana hungry cause they have never played him top. I can see how he would be mana hungry in the jungle because he has to spam q cause its his main damage other hand autos.... But top lane you just have to last hit and q when ur opponent comes in for cs.

I don't even build Philo stone and I've NEVER had mana issues. As soon at your somewhere between level 5 and 8 you should dominate your lane and you should never have mana issues, ever.

The Sneak Thief

11-12-2012

Just don't top with him, he is good against some tops but overall he can't really top at all.

I have a guide on how to build and use Hecarim somewhere in champion feedback.

BallzzMcgee

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyJoker View Post
Just don't top with him, he is good against some tops but overall he can't really top at all.

I have a guide on how to build and use Hecarim somewhere in champion feedback.
Completely disagree but ok lol.

Aizael

11-12-2012

Thanks Mcgee, I really appreciate your, and the rest of y'alls, input. :3