@Riot. Recall Animations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

I like that we are getting them, it adds a nice touch.

Can we get down to it though, that most of the female ones are very and I mean, VERY similar. Jayce/Brand/Darius/Draven are all a quite different. Darius/Jayce are kind of the same, but vary a bit at least.

Almost all the female recall animations end up with arms back/chest out. Now they might be kneeling Kat/Diana, but they are just so similar.

Can we work on making them more diverse in the future please?

Kanderas

11-14-2012

I wouldn't say there are very many to actually make such a comparison yet, Elise certainly does her own thing. But it would be good if a proper trend like that didn't start. Watching all the chicks thrust their boobies out will get lame eventually. Let's keep that to Kat and Diana and give something else to the rest of them eh?

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanderas View Post
I wouldn't say there are very many to actually make such a comparison yet, Elise certainly does her own thing. But it would be good if a proper trend like that didn't start. Watching all the chicks thrust their boobies out will get lame eventually. Let's keep that to Kat and Diana and give something else to the rest of them eh?
Do note. It is not just Diana and Kat. Zyra does it as well. I think every female with a recall animation does some form of chest out/head back.

JesterCapp

Technical Artist

11-14-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Noted, and good feedback. I know of at least one upcoming female champ who does not lean back and has a different concept for her recall.

That said, we don't want unique recalls to be the exception, but the norm. If I see this while giving feedback I'll point it out. Cheers!

ploki122

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterCapp View Post
Noted, and good feedback. I know of at least one upcoming female champ who does not lean back and has a different concept for her recall.

That said, we don't want unique recalls to be the exception, but the norm. If I see this while giving feedback I'll point it out. Cheers!
Is it Gypsy's?

HunterHagen

11-14-2012

There's only so many to compare though. And even then, Zyra and Elise are different (especially Elise's).

The Fizznity

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
Do note. It is not just Diana and Kat. Zyra does it as well. I think every female with a recall animation does some form of chest out/head back.
Elise kinda curls up, and Soraka just levitates :x

swan2swan

11-15-2012

Championship Riven also raises her sword over her head; Syndra crouches down.

So, the ones who lean back are:

Zyra
Katarina
Diana
Soraka

Note that Diana and Soraka's are both distinctly different, though, and they do much more than just "sticking out their chest".

The ones who don't:
Syndra
Championship Riven
Elise

...I suppose the point is fair, but it's nothing to panic about. We'll see what Nidalee does.

Maleficarum

11-15-2012

If you're still reading this, I'd like to make a request about Annie.

Currently, when she recalls she starts doing her idle animations. That means that she starts playing with Tibbers, either giving him a hug or throwing him on the ground. It's pretty cute, and I'd like to see that behavior stick around.

Hello Darkness

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterCapp View Post

I meant to ask about this a while back, but how come the new Maokai skin didn't get a recall animation? It got a few new animations, like the zombie-like reviving animation, but no recall. This made me kinda sad