how to leave if bad picks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steamrollolol

11-11-2012

so i'm level 30 and i've never left a game during the pick before but...

With any decent understanding of the game, you can get a good idea of how picks will effect the game, especially bad picks.

My question is, If i'm matched with a fool of a teammate in solo queue, that insists on doing something stupid like playing a support in mid/jungle, is there a way to leave without tanking the 6min queue timer?

chaser676

11-11-2012

No, dodging will always give you a time penalty.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-11-2012

6 minutes is better than 24 minutes and a loss

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-11-2012

Assuming of course that you know everything there is to know about the game including the skill level of the players on both teams with there respective champions...

To assume that you know which team will win purely on picks is a bit arrogant, and more often than not I've seen people that complain about picks be wrong.

steamrollolol

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Assuming of course that you know everything there is to know about the game including the skill level of the players on both teams with there respective champions...

To assume that you know which team will win purely on picks is a bit arrogant, and more often than not I've seen people that complain about picks be wrong.
fair enough. Thank you for the feedback.

that said, i didn't see how ziljen mid would give our team a competitive advantage over, well, any other probable team composition. but you have a point, there is that one chance that our opponents could have made an even worse pick.

@kingSilas thank you, experience is starting to make that evident. When even one puts their preferences over what is best for the team, 4 headaches tend to follow.

NOTE: i posted this thread here because i feel like a fresh level 30 is still considered a "new player" and this subject is relevant to brand new players as well.

KissingTheShadow

11-11-2012

Zilean is a decent pick for mid. Not a popular one, but it is viable. His bombs hurt and when he can put two on you in a second when building straight AP, it won't be a fun lane for the other mid. Personally I prefer him mid than support.

mambawarrior0

11-11-2012

Zilean mid is actually pretty strong. I'd prefer it to, say, Elise, who tons of people are picking simply because she is new.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-11-2012

Zilean is still mostly a 'supporty mage' overall, but he's not necessarily a bad _mid_. Even if he's a subpar pick though, that doesn't mean the enemy doesn't have any subpar picks elsewhere.