Countering level 1 jungle invade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osameshar

01-23-2013

My team is currently in the high 1500's and we are doing very well. We generally have 2:1 win loss ratio, but we always run into a problem. We play a jungler with smite in our team comp and most other teams at our level dont and most dont even jungle. So 90 percent of the time when they see our smite they will invade our jungle. We are already at a disadvantage in level one engages cause of smite, so what do we do? It feels terrible letting them take our wolves and get an early advantage, but feeding them a kill is even worse. Ussually having a jungle lets us catch up in gold and xp but i was wondering if any other teams have ran into this problem.

Thanks
Osa

PDiddy

01-23-2013

How are they getting the big wolf?? You have smite...

Osameshar

01-23-2013

We ussually do smite it but they can zone us pretty hard. If their good they wait for our jungle to start wraiths and just nab it by lurking in the bush.

Sam

01-23-2013

don't run smite unless you have a very slow jungler like maokai or kayle . get the better SS like flash, exh or ignite.

Osameshar

01-23-2013

Hrm alright thanks for the advice. We were under kinda under the impression you needed smite. Mainly to just be faster than the other jungle so you can gank faster/grab the relic and be far ahead.

Technician Tim

01-23-2013

you dont need smite to jungle in treeline, theres no big monsters that do enough damage to warrant it, except for vilemaw, but you can either kill it or you cant, smite doesnt make a big difference

id just take exhaust/ghost for better gank power

Osameshar

01-23-2013

Smite is pretty nice in some situations though, so i wont write it off completely. When we jungle nunu and lane a jax, its a really easy minute 10 vilemaw, super fast and low risk. Your 3rd can just continue farming as well and watching the lane

Koldheartedjsp

01-23-2013

start golems and smite the big golem. With the incredibly late altar open and minions not spawning till they hit mid lane, an invade should be predictable

lordfrezon

01-23-2013

Play Nunu and don't run smite. His kit is absurdly good and is a ton of fun to play.

Goggris

01-23-2013

I disagree with Sam here. Get a fast clearer and smite and you can get a huge early lead in levels.