Yorick Vs Darius Top.. How can I win.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlitterNips

11-11-2012

I'm Yorick
Facing Darius Top solo
What can i do to win...
If i make it to late game im fine, but how can i have an edge early to mid
and is there any way to out play his kit?

Only Bruisers

Recruiter

11-11-2012

he has no sustain, harrass the ever living hell out of him with e and w but don't go into AA range

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

How do you win? By making him your *****, that's how.

Basically you get tear or some other mana equivalent item as fast as possible, then you harass him from outside of his pull range. It's not particularly important if he hits you with his Q because of your sustain ghoul (E) you should be maxing and any extra hp pots you have will take care of the rest.

Your W is also particularly helpful when he's coming at you. You should be maxing this second under E as it increases the slow %. If Darius burns his Q or his pull, Press on him because he'll lack the damage output he had for several seconds.

In team fights you will ult your highest DPS teammate and focus whoever it is that is squishiest or does the most damage. Remember at mid-game Darius gets tanky and you will want to avoid being at low health.

Some tips for fighting Darius as anyone are as follows:

-Don't let him stack bleeds on you

-Stay out of range of his pull unless you're sure you can kill him before getting to 1/4 hp OR if he already burned it.

-Don't underestimate his damage output even if he builds pure tank.

-Health is the best item to build against Darius. While armor helps a little, it's helpful to remember his pull gives him free armor penetration and Darius likes to build even more armor pen.

With those in mind, you should also remember that Yorick's ghouls scale with his AD and his health. The more if it you have, the more of it they have. Also, more health helps your ghouls live longer time wise.

GlitterNips

11-11-2012

Thanks for the advice guys. Thats mostly what i've been trying to do (sometimes it works sometimes not)
The range on his pull is quite large i just need to stay away from that damn pull

Bronzilla5

03-21-2013

I never undstand how people say that yorick can win this matchup. If I'm doing a normal and i play as yorick i'm fine, but ranked it's another issue entirely. A smart darius just goes armor 5 pots and his pull is nearly the range of my E. They always have a little movement speed in runes/masteries so if I harass him down like people say, he will pull, spin, and I'm down to half health. He can outlast any sort of harass I do to him because of pots. It will just cause me to go oom. I can last hit because if i do, i get in range of pull so it forces me to last hit with my E and W which waste my mana and I can only last hit like that for so long until the wave is right on my turret. Then by that time he's level 6 and he can flash, ignite, spin, ult, and I'm dead even with getting early armor and staying out of range...way out of range because of his flash/pull. I just don't ever see it. Everytime i do a ranked and i go top against one, he just gets lots of health pots, goes super agressive and gets a few stacks on me and widdles me down if i try to last hit or i lose slowly from being zoned.

P1lgr1m

03-22-2013

come to lane with a tear of the goddess. Inf mana. Spam red ghouls. W when he is walking towards you.

Cryptomnesia

03-22-2013

how to win... lets see

u go MOVESPEED yorick... quints and 21 points in utility tree

ad reds flat arm yellow flat mr blues

and spam

FYI his ghouls now scale with move speed as well so its mandatory

Skull Kid239

03-23-2013

Yorick should bust darius up no problem. spam ghouls with tear of the goddess and you'll be able to out push him. Yorick should be able to kill the minions faster than darius, he can't kill you if he's pushed all the way back to his turret.

an alternative would be to not push so hard and just focus on last hitting, Keep his minions just out of your turret range and he's easy pickings for your jungler and you

Lachrimae

03-23-2013

To win with yorick:
use his healing ghost, and be hyper aggressive once he is below around half health. Make sure to use armor pen runes... 21/9 or 21/0/9 masteries are fine

But this will only win you lane.