Solution to Viktor's item issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dustyspells

11-11-2012

The major problem with Viktor's passive is that not only it costs you gold, but it also takes up an item slot.
The new upcoming change to Elisia's miracle actually sheds light on how solve this problem

Simply add 1 sentence to Viktor's passive:

Evolving Technology (Passive)
Viktor starts with an item that takes up one of his item slots, the Hex Core, that provides him with stats and can be upgraded in the store to augment one of his abilities and improve its stats. The Hex Core can only be upgraded once, for 1000 gold, and cannot be sold back to the store. Hex Core: Grants Viktor 3 ability power per level. If Viktor gains 3 levels while holding upgraded Hex Core, that item disappears from inventory and the item's bonuses become Viktor's innate passive.

It will free one slot from Viktor's inventory and it will also fit with name of the passive and Viktor's champion concept. Viktor 'evolves' by becoming one with his Hex Core machine piece thus gaining its bonuses as his own innate passive.

Join the Glorious Evolution!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Edit>
Thank you for your comments.
Requirement for hex core integration doesn't need to be gaining 3 levels. It was just one example.
Maybe we can change it to like 2 level or 5 kill/assist. Important thing is, as Elisia's Miracle mechanics, upgraded hex core should disappear from inventory so that Viktor gets his item slot back.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Why the delay? Why not have it so the core becomes his passive when you upgrade it?

IonDragonX

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Why the delay? Why not have it so the core becomes his passive when you upgrade it?
This mimics the experimental version of Eliesa's Miracle. Its not a bad mechanic.

I approve of this for Victor, actually. If he never makes up his mind on which core he wants before he hits level 16 (his lvl3 ult), then he's stuck without that extra slot. Its the price of indecision.

Sonic Nova

11-11-2012

I really like the idea, because as IonDragonX said, if he doesn't make up his mind on what he wants to upgrade the Hex Core into by lvl 15, then he just left another slot preoccupied without taking advantage of the new passive.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

So basically, because we want to punish people who don't pay attention to their passive, we're going to make it waste item slots for 3 more levels...

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just wondering why it would be necessary to do it like that. Other than punishing slow players or players who can't prioritize their gold.

Sonic Nova

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
So basically, because we want to punish people who don't pay attention to their passive, we're going to make it waste item slots for 3 more levels...

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just wondering why it would be necessary to do it like that. Other than punishing slow players or players who can't prioritize their gold.
You have a point, if a person is trying to build to counter the enemy team and doesn't have 1K G to spend, then they would be stuck with an item slot late game, All just depends on what Riot would do if they implemented this concept.