is the most underrated champ in the leageu worth learning to play, and if so how to?

yes, karma is actually awesome 29 85.29%
nope, karma is a cancer upon this great game 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

k-k-karma

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elodin

11-14-2012

Galio es no up!

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Karma doesn't really have a place in the current meta. I've heard of her being played top, but I don't know much about top as it's my weakest lane, so I can't really speak to that, and it doesn't really make much sense to me, since she's not tanky at all. As a mid laner, she has a short range, no gap closer(like an assassin mid would have), and a rather underwhelming burst. As a support, she provides minimal CC(just that tether thing, and to make it even remotely effective you also have to burn a mantra charge), and she requires alot more AP to function effectively then most supports can afford to build.

Basically, her abilities all fill a support role, moreso then anything else, but to make them even remotely effective, she can't build like a support. I like her, I own her, and I even own a skin for her, but I can't imagine a situation where I would actually find her preferable to another champion.

niqht

11-14-2012

I really love her play style, and even the spirit bond though it desperately needs tweaks.

I would very much like to see her auto attack range buffed greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyForNothin View Post
Her item dependency.
Isn't so bad. I've been leaning to building her tankier+ap with the hourglass and abyssal. Her biggest dependency is CDR though and it is entirely designed into her kit as no ability gets reduced CD on leveling

She pushes the lane when she's support.
I suppose that could be considered a problem, but in my opinion, should be considered an option when choosing champs

She's easily shut down by anyone with a gap closer or CC.
Yes. I think the biggest culprit of this is the cast time for spirit bond. It is better to run away shielding and healing than pause to slow. Nevemind that it begins to feel like every damn melee has some sort of teleport, jump, sprint or simply just runs faster just because

Her heal is lackluster.
As a single target it is terrible, but it is meant to be. As a *coordinated* group heal it can be quite strong, but I do think given the cone shape area and targeting in the midst of a fight it deserves to have a little buff

Her lack of true CC to make up for any of this.
Agree completely. Although I have to wonder if they may think that becomes too much with heal and shield, but then again Lulu has all that, though not as strong. Perhaps have the bond do a small silence? Although I might just like the idea of the bond doing single target damage instead to reduce the lane pushing some

The only thing I find her good at is pushing back squishy opponents with low range. Other than that, she's a poor support, and an "okay" solo, but doesn't stand out in any way to make up for her weaknesses.
I still have to give her more credit than that.

It's not like I have 100 games with her, but I've played her a few times, enough to understand that she's not that great. In fact, most people consider her a "troll" pick. I don't, but the reactions I've seen to people playing Karma is pretty close to pre-buff Evelynn.

Hopefully she'll be remade like Evelynn was, otherwise I don't think her kit is up to par anymore even if they buffed her stats.
I am praying for her not to be completely undone. I love her play style.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
Galio es no up!
sry. I used UP there as a catchall between "underpowered" and "underrated"

fyi this kind of discussion was the point of this thread

acosn

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyForNothin View Post
Her item dependency.
She pushes the lane when she's support.
She's easily shut down by anyone with a gap closer or CC.
Her heal is lackluster.
Her lack of true CC to make up for any of this.

The only thing I find her good at is pushing back squishy opponents with low range. Other than that, she's a poor support, and an "okay" solo, but doesn't stand out in any way to make up for her weaknesses.

It's not like I have 100 games with her, but I've played her a few times, enough to understand that she's not that great. In fact, most people consider her a "troll" pick. I don't, but the reactions I've seen to people playing Karma is pretty close to pre-buff Evelynn.

Hopefully she'll be remade like Evelynn was, otherwise I don't think her kit is up to par anymore even if they buffed her stats.
She's not a support in a traditional sense. All of her abilities have a damage component.

Most supports are lucky if half their are able to.

The kind of lane she favors is a kill lane, and the kinds of characters she actually works best with are melee oriented. Which leads to a lot of confusing. She likes working with characters like Garen and Pantheon more than Corki and Ashe.

Her only real flaw is that her abilities, despite having 6 ranks where everyone else has 5, typically have a hard time competing with 5-rank spells.

Bowsman

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post
the more people on the forums that say shes good = the worse she is.

people only say champions they play suck. Hence you will hear alot of people saying Darius or Katrina suck on the forums.
This comment makes no sense.

So your saying that if i think karma is good she sucks?

and that if i say she sucks she sucks?