Riot, hold some 3v3 tournaments!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CragBlade

11-11-2012

You want people to play 3v3? Host some tournaments! Get people to make some 3v3 teams to compete in tournaments with like a small prize pool.

You might actually get enough people to do ranked solo que for 3v3!

ztun

11-11-2012

Thumbs up. Only problem is, they can't right now. Riot has invested in SR since the beginning and now it's drawing packed stadiums for the tournaments. In time it will be great, but 3v3 is considered "boring" for the majority of players because it's pretty much one dimensional. For example: You won't see amid game top/bot lane switch because it would be insignificant. I'd love to see Riot come up with some brilliant idea for TT, but it won't happen in season 3, possibly 4.. for what it's worth.

Devakadin

11-11-2012

I too would like to see 3v3 tourneys. But ztun has a point =(

AndersMMO

11-11-2012

I'm starting up a website that will have post Shadow Isles update TT strategy, champion guides, featured TT streams, and will be hosting weekly tournaments (think Reign of Gaming meets CLG's site). It will be up and running in less than 2 weeks and I will be aggressively adverting it once it hits. We've moved a couple 100$s into development already, and hope to run at least 2 tournaments before the S3 elo reset to establish a competitive hierarchy before the season starts.

EDIT: I'm also trying to get in touch with Sam of Gucci Gaming and RiotNome about some other possibilities that I'll keep to myself for now >