Renekton Buff Idea and calculated proof that Renekton needs a buff.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Junkillo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500 Elo Smurf View Post
Hello there everyone.

In the second part I suggest Riot buffing this Q sustain ability and I will comment why.
2) OK so his Q sustain is wayy to weak considered the cap limit that is given to him.

Unempowered Q at level 1 deals 60 damage and heals 5% from minions and 20% from champions. So lets count now:

If you hit 1 minion you will regain:

60 damage - 100%
X (heal amount - 5%

X = (60 * 5)/100 = 3.

That means you get 3 HP per minion hit. Wave consists of 6-7 minions. If you are lucky enough to hit all of them, you will regain 18-21 health. Champion health regain is 4 times higher (20%) so for 1 damaged champion at level 1 you will regain 12 HP.

Situation: You are at top lane. A minion wave (with siege) comes and a champion. You get in all of them use your Q and heal for 21 (from minions) + 12 (1 champion) and you maximum can regain 33 HP, while the cap is 50, and its literally impossible to reach that limit in top lane. The situation here is desribed how the events may turn out best to your favour and that happens rarely. Not to mention that if you take any minion aggro in the process your heal will be neglected because minion will hit you harder than you heal.
¿Can you tell me where in your calculation is your AD Ratio? Because its pretty high (0.8).

So let's remake your formula.
Unempowered Q at level 1 deals 60 damage and heals 5% from minions and 20% from champions plus an AD ratio of 0.8 having 72 AD at lvl 1 (runes, materies, an early attack damage item, etc). So lets count now:

60 damage + 0.8*72 AD = 117.6 = 100%
X (heal amount = 5%

X = (117.6 * 5)/100 = 5. Per minion
Y = (117.6 * 20)/100 = 5. Per minion

5 HP per minion hit. If you hit 5 of them you'll have around 25hp and if you hit the champion you'll have 23.5hp more, then you are close to cap with 48hp (hitting only one champion and not all the minions of a wave).

I will be glad if you reconsider the importance of the AD ratio next time before calling a nerf. Actually I hate the health restored harassing Renekton because he hurts me more when I can't heal myself.

Rikain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Renekton needs some major love

Lue Sid

02-12-2013

Renekton is fine as is. PERIOD. Anyone who says otherwise sucks with him.

eastcoastblaze

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500 Elo Smurf View Post

1) Right off the bat we can see that his win rate is below avarage. He is almost never picked in the tournaments and even most pro players themselves agree that Renekton needs a change/buff.
wasnt he just played a lot in the LCS recently. my last two games with renekton have been 15/3, and 6/0. The 6/0 game i won a 2v1 against shen and J4. i think he's fine where he is right now and doesnt really need to be changed at the moment, and is a good place and should be left there

KoinDuo

04-18-2013

Well at the very least his ult and passive should be reworked. Maybe give him an attack speed bonus after using an empowered ability. And change his passive to 1% increased fury gain for each 1% of hp missing. His ultimate should give him bonus AD, and also give him more armor and MR based on total AD, like jax's ultimate. And HOPEFULLY, even though i know this will never come true , for every 100 minions or enemies killed, Renekton permanently gains 5% bonus AD. Just a thought, cuz i really think it'll be awesome

FinalFencer

06-02-2013

I'm pretty new to LoL so when I find a champ I want to play I look up how to play him. Renekton caught my eye but then I saw a lot of people saying he needed buffs. I went and watched a couple people playing him solo top (Voyboy dominated) and these guys were destroying top even against supposed counters to him: Elise and Kennen and a Yorick.

My biggest concern with a buff is that his kit is unique in that it gives him lane dominance opposed to champ dominance and giving him both could make him really, really over powered. He can harrass safely, he can sustain (And I don't know what people are talking about. I am watching Renekton get heals for as much as Yorick but with no mana cost. I think that's good.) He has decent HP, and his farming potential is really good when practiced. Even in the old videos, it's suggested that players need to farm to be effective which compliments what I believe his kit to be. He is supposed to dominate lane by heavily out farming his opponent(s) and shut them down so they can't do the same. In the videos I watched for ranked play, he could make his opponents useless throughout the game as they could not farm, get kills, and eventually would die if overzealous against our favorite gator.

I guess what I'm saying is careful what you wish for and you reap what you sow. If Renekton does get that slight buff that we want, we will be fighting him in lane. Do you really want this badazz gator shutting you down with: Great farming potential, a stun with no mana cost and no stun for himself, a manaless sustain, bonus attack speed after using abilities so he can build more rage and thus more ability damage, a better health steroid, and more damage scaling? I sirs and ladies do not. He might need some numerical tweaking but I feel his kit is fine the way it is.

As a side note, his stun to himself is irrelevant mid-late game because you can build a Ravenous Hydra. The active ability on that item resets your animation and takes you out of the stun animation. Happy Gaming! See you on the fields of justice.

masterdragon481

06-02-2013

You're new to LoL. Let me give you some advice. When you open a thread, look at the date on the original post, and on the last post made. Because this thread has had some serious necromancy issues, and you brought it right back.

Renekton is currently top pick in NA and EU tournaments and is getting nerfs or a rework, definitely not a buff.

Raiyza

06-02-2013

Renekton is a beast. Grab The Cd boots, brutalizer, and some cdr runes and you've a 5 second cd w stun. I love Renekton, and although he's not the best choice in some situations, his abilities are very powerful.
I will agree with you and say they could increase the heal amount on his Q slightly. That should help him in sticky situations.

FinalFencer

06-05-2013

Sorry. Didn't realize that was an issue . My bad. I'm use to most forums doing the opposite and complaining when you open a new thread on subjects already open. Won't happen again. Before I go though: Necromancy issues? -> Returning from the dead of internet space?

MadMad Sickness

4 Weeks Ago

random necro