Renekton Buff Idea and calculated proof that Renekton needs a buff.

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wonderbeard

01-11-2013

^

KoinDuo

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobaltKode View Post
My thoughts on buffing Renekton have always been pretty simple!

1. Buff Passive/Rage Generation!
2. Buff Ultimate!
3. Buff Tankyness either innately or via steroid!
My idea for giving him a bonus % AD for each enemy killed kinda solves the problem of him needing to be tanky. By getting around 30% bonus AD when he has 300 cs, he can easily build into a lot of tanky items without having his damage falling off. It's been said that Renekton should be played as an assassin, but the thing is, its really easy to cc him and stop him in his tracks, and once that happens, he's caught out of position and easily killed. Even when he pops his ult, its only an extra 600 hp to burn through. Renekton HAS to build tanky in order to be able to survive long enough to do damage. If some one was to build items like triforce, infinity edge and a bloodthirster, it wont let him have enough survivability in late game team fights. Plus if you look at his kit, his slice and dice is just him charging through a team, which can get him killed easily. This makes building tanky a must, which then causes his damage to fall off considerably so that when he finally reaches the adc, turns out that he cant do enough damage to kill off the adc anyway and ends up being killed instead. Giving him a leeching effect like nasus' ult that adds to his defense and magic resistance will obviously take time and makes him into a more tanky bruiser instead of a damage dealer which he was designed to be.

In short, some of the changes Renekton needs to have IMO is
1) Reign of Anger:
-Renekton gains 5 Fury per attack, and gains 1% more Fury for each % hp he's missing
-Renekton gains 0.1% bonus AD for each enemy he kills
-After using an empowered ability, Renekton gains 20% more attackspeed for 5 seconds. This will let him regain his fury faster after spending it.
3) Dominus: Renekton gains 600 hp instantly (can be used while silenced or stunned or suppressed) and does 30 damage per second to all enemies around him (+0.3% of his total AD) and converts 50% of the damage dealt to armor and magic resistance. (No point making him gain bonus fury in his ult, he doesnt get any at all anyway)

KoinDuo

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
I used to main Renekton. I played him a lot back at the start of S2 until I realized just how terrible he was.

Two simple fixes would make Ren fine. The first is change his ultimate from magic damage to physical. That would give Ren a TON of team fighting utility as he could build a BC and then get tanky, and essentially provide his team with an armor shred aura. It would also help his ult scale a bit better. It would still have an AP ratio...so it still deals **** base damage...but at least the base damage is going to better use with his armor penetration.

The second fix is his passive. just give him one...a real one. Maybe, whenever Renekton uses an empowered attack, his next auto attack slows or deals bonus damage, or makes them bleed. Or whenever he uses an empowered attack all his CDs are reduced by 1 second.
I dont think giving him a slow AND a 1.5 second stun at the same time is gonna help anyone. Making him do bonus damage when he uses an empowered ability is too OP. Imagine having sheen and critting with IE with the bonus damage all from his w. Insta nuke. Plus i think you're thinking too much of Ryze where he gets cd reduction from each ability he uses. Just give him a permanent AD stack and he'll be fine. The numbers might have to be changed, but Renekton is a beast farmer so if he gets something like 30% bonus AD from 300 cs, then i think he'd be pretty solid late game. that and making his passive give him bonus AS after each empowered ability

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Renekton seems a bit problematic to balance due to how aggressive his kit can be- a little too strong and he will tear top lane to shreds without much counterplay, but too weak and he can't do much.

That doesn't necessarily mean he needs a kit change, but his balance is rather delicate atm.

ChampAtog

01-12-2013

He's barely below average win rate, Renekton players just wanna ***** and moan all the way home because Riot won't win games for them. That .2 percentage points below average winrate isn't going to affect anyone below platinum Elo because they're not playing the champ to his peak anyway. Congratulations OP, you can post numbers and call it "calculated proof" but guess what, here's better proof, he is above average winrate at silver and gold level, below average at Bronze, and right about average at platinum level play, and his overall winrate has actually shifted up to ABOVE average;
Source: http://www.lolking.net/champions/ren...tinum#overview

On top of that, in the past seven days his winrate has been 52.24 percent. He doesn't need anything!
Source: http://imgur.com/qZ98t

Is his innate lackluster? Yes. is his stun clunky as ****? Yes. Would I like Riot to fix these things about him, yeah, it would make him a lot more fun to play, but he doesn't NEED these things.

KoinDuo

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourthun View Post
He's barely below average win rate, Renekton players just wanna ***** and moan all the way home because Riot won't win games for them.
Its hard to win a game when you do no damage ;p

KoinDuo

01-12-2013

Actually thats not right, Renekton just doesnt do half as good as any of the new champs like riven, darius or vi

ChampAtog

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoinDuo View Post
Its hard to win a game when you do no damage ;p
Did you look at either of my links? Renekton has an above average win rate, which means it's really not THAT hard to win a game as Renekton, so either it's not that hard to win a game when you do no damage or Renekton does significant damage. But hey, random statements in response to posts you haven't read make you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoinDuo View Post
Actually thats not right, Renekton just doesnt do half as good as any of the new champs like riven, darius or vi
Did you look at my second link? Did you see Riven, Darius OR Vi anywhere on there? I'll give you a hint, anyone not on there is BELOW the people who are on there, in win rate that is. So you see, Renekton does better than "as good as" new champs like riven, darius and vi. As a matter of fact, all three of the champions you listed have a BELOW average win rate.
Source: http://imgur.com/bUVnR

Wonderbeard

01-12-2013

So many ppl think he is underpowered, others think he is fine. I would just like to hear from Riot what their thoughts on Renekton's current state is in season 3. So many champs deserve a rework, lets fix the old champs and stop release a new one every week. GG.

ChampAtog

01-12-2013

We should get Riot to do an in-depth analysis of all 110 champions (as there are people crying about every single goddamned one of them) just to sate the whining on the forums, rather than fixing bugs, finally getting some work done on a new map, or working on actual balance changes that the game might need. Forget all that stuff, I wanna hear Riot confirm my suspicion that I'm not just getting outplayed, that it's my champion's fault, or my enemy playing a noob OP champ.

12345678 ... 9