Renekton Buff Idea and calculated proof that Renekton needs a buff.

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orleos

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariwaz View Post
Once again another thread about renekton being underpowered and still no answer, what do we need? this thread to reach 125123 views and replys? Stop making new champs and work in the old ones riot
Yet the teams that work on creation and reworks are two different teams, or so I believe.

What I do not understand, is why it takes some champions a longer time to be reworked or for some of the older ones to be 'left as is', considering they see a lot of play, even if it's not tourney play.

I mean we only just got the Evelynn rework a little while ago and considering the hole Evelynn was in, she needed it, but things such as Renekton or champs that are comparable to needing number fixes, just don't receive them.

Anyways, more to the point, I can understand if they were to plan a rework for Renekton's passive, combined with skills, along with numbers and stats, but what you're asking is anything but that.

The changes here alone sound like common sense in comparison to who's been released as of yet, and while I can understand that the champions that are released do need some fine tuning, if the teams do happen to be one in the same, I'd rather see an extra week of ragers and a new champion being considered 'OP', as to leaving a champion being left in a hole a week longer.

For these simple changes, despite not having a new passive, I am in agreement. Renekton needs help.

Jorjastortas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I'm not a renek player, but even I can see and notice how renek is having a hard time right now, I got really annoyed by the fact of his stun, it's true that stun need to be fixed, that will help him a LOT with his survivability (better chance of scape even without flash)and the rage regen it's way too low. agree with this buffs in general also it's true the sustain of his q it's a joke and isn't even worth it the danger in order to get the max health from it, you will lost it in 1 or 2 auto-attacks even more,
you have facts gentleman! so I agree with this renek buff
(better that the people that just say buff (x champ) riot plz ! hate them)

Mariwaz

11-12-2012

Have the red ones answered to one of this threads? if so can i have a link? i've been looking for some time for clues about whats gonna happen with renek but havent found anything yet

Foxpup Manapulse

11-12-2012

Riot buffing Renekt might come with season 3... Considering he was made to be a jungler and such... Most junglers Riot releases end up being nerfed/buffed for top lane and moved top lane. Or mid and for Elise's case.

(Riot is remaking the jungle, and as such might buff some junglers like Sejuani and Renekt, yes he could jungle back in the day)

KoinDuo

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by krobar94 View Post
I kind of want to put a new passive in like this:
Reign of Anger: After using an ability, Renekton gains bonus attack damage and bonus attack speed. This effect stacks four times. up to level 6 it will give 7 bonus AD and 10% bonus AS. after level 6-10, he gains 10 bonus AD and 13% bonus AS. 11-18 he gets 13 bonus AD and 15% bonus AS.
Actually, I think it'd be better if they changed the passive to something like this.
Reign of Anger: Renekton gains 1% more Fury for each % hp he is missing. Additionally, after using an empowered ability, Renekton gains 40% bonus attack speed for 5 seconds. Renekton also gains bonus AD based on how much minions he has killed. This bonus is in a percentage, so if he farms 300 creeps, he gains 60% bonus AD. I think this will really help him late game because most Renektons have to build some survivability items in order to survive, which means they cant do that much damage. By adding this extra bonus AD, it will help him scale well into late game. Of course the bonus percentage might need to be balanced a bit, but i dont think 60% is too overpowered.

And lastly his ult's damage should scale to about .3 of his total AD, and half the damage done by it should be converted to defense and magic resis.

ChampAtog

01-10-2013

The only changes Renekton needs are an animation on his stun that isn't as long as the stun itself, and a passive that does something. Renekton's win rate is BARELY below average (.2 percentage points or something like that across all ladders) and he's got a very much above average win rate in Bronze level play (3 percentage points) because he roflstomps lower level players. There are champions with win rates as low as 38% and ban rates above 66% right now. Riot doesn't need to be pissing away their time making bad Renekton players (I used to main Renekton and still enjoy playing him) feel good. Renekton is a manaless champ, which means he inherently outdoes most champions in the way of sustain. It is true that MOST manaless champions are either top laners or junglers, and so the advantage isn't alway there, however you generally don't want to pick Renekton against a manaless top laner, as you lose your advantage. The advantage on the heal on Renekton's Q is that it's FREE, you get that healing for no mana, and used every cooldown it adds up, meanwhile you're also damaging your lane opponent and gathering rage, which can follow up with a longer stun, giving you enough time to back off. The Q makes the health gap you just created even bigger. Is it the best heal in the game? Not by a long shot, it's probably the worst heal in the game, but there has to be a worst heal in the game, and a heal that's attached to a high damage, okay range, AoE skill with a good AD scaling is definitely a good heal to be the worst in the game. Renekton's stun is bad because it stuns him too, I addressed that a moment ago, and I agree on that one, that's a QoL improvement Renekton just plain needs. With the amount of tankiness that Renekton's ult gives him, building straight damage is very justifiable on Renekton, and the new AD caster items are very good to him, as well as the utility mastery that gives lifesteal and spell vamp (21 utility Renekton is actually a lot of fun, and pretty effective) which adds to the healing a little bit, almost closing the gap between the healing he has and the healing you want. The other thing Renekton needs is a decent passive. Don't know what they should give him, but a small amount of extra fury when you're almost dead definitely isn't what he needs. The passive change shouldn't be a major buff though, mostly just bringing him up to date with the modern league.

ShootGunMan

01-10-2013

This is a great suggestion and I agree, whenever I want to play renekton I realize I have riven, and play her instead, since she is a flat better renekton. I mean, the whole thing about renek is that he is supposed to have early game dominance and clearly he doesnt really have it anymore.

Modern Day Midas

01-10-2013

I really hope RIOT sees and listens to this the math is all there much better than most other threads that just complain. I really like renekton and would like to play him in ranked jus want to see him get the fix that he deserves thanks for posting this thread.

KoinDuo

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourthun View Post
The only changes Renekton needs are an animation on his stun that isn't as long as the stun itself, and a passive that does something. Renekton's win rate is BARELY below average (.2 percentage points or something like that across all ladders) and he's got a very much above average win rate in Bronze level play (3 percentage points) because he roflstomps lower level players. There are champions with win rates as low as 38% and ban rates above 66% right now. Riot doesn't need to be pissing away their time making bad Renekton players (I used to main Renekton and still enjoy playing him) feel good. Renekton is a manaless champ, which means he inherently outdoes most champions in the way of sustain. It is true that MOST manaless champions are either top laners or junglers, and so the advantage isn't alway there, however you generally don't want to pick Renekton against a manaless top laner, as you lose your advantage. The advantage on the heal on Renekton's Q is that it's FREE, you get that healing for no mana, and used every cooldown it adds up, meanwhile you're also damaging your lane opponent and gathering rage, which can follow up with a longer stun, giving you enough time to back off. The Q makes the health gap you just created even bigger. Is it the best heal in the game? Not by a long shot, it's probably the worst heal in the game, but there has to be a worst heal in the game, and a heal that's attached to a high damage, okay range, AoE skill with a good AD scaling is definitely a good heal to be the worst in the game. Renekton's stun is bad because it stuns him too, I addressed that a moment ago, and I agree on that one, that's a QoL improvement Renekton just plain needs. With the amount of tankiness that Renekton's ult gives him, building straight damage is very justifiable on Renekton, and the new AD caster items are very good to him, as well as the utility mastery that gives lifesteal and spell vamp (21 utility Renekton is actually a lot of fun, and pretty effective) which adds to the healing a little bit, almost closing the gap between the healing he has and the healing you want. The other thing Renekton needs is a decent passive. Don't know what they should give him, but a small amount of extra fury when you're almost dead definitely isn't what he needs. The passive change shouldn't be a major buff though, mostly just bringing him up to date with the modern league.
Well there was an earlier post which suggested that Renekton could get bonus attackspeed after using an ability. However, i think thats a bit too OP so instead what the new passive could be is this
Reign of Anger: Renekton gains 40% bonus attackspeed after using an empowered ability on an enemy unit. Additionally, each enemy slain grants Renekton 0.1% bonus AD.
This really lets him shine in late game scenarios and goes really well with his farming ability. As in regards to his ult, I honestly believe that if all the damage done by his ult adds to his total Armor and Magic resis, that would help a lot more and again, make Renekton really good late game. Plus the bonus attackspeed after using an empowered ability lets him regain his fury faster, which is a huge problem for Renekton.

So far i think the one immediate change needed is that bonus attackspeed when he uses an empowered ability, and maybe the bonus AD gained from killing creeps.

Wonderbeard

01-11-2013

Bump

I love playing Renekton because his skill set is so fun. I just can not bring myself to pick him anymore because he feels very underpowered imo.

123456 ... 9