Yorick, under the radar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Just picked up Yorick. I've always known him to be an obnoxious tanky character, but with the S3 changes and what not, I feel like I'm just as obnoxious and easy to use as Garen when I play him.

Obviously Yorick doesnt' have the burst of garen (ie his ult) or a silence but he does some pretty solid sustained damage and has a very useful ult for team fighting.

Is Yorick just a "under the radar" champion or have I not played him enough to see why he's not a popular pick for the current meta?

CaptainMĂ„rvelous

02-18-2013

No he's just not a super duper hard scaling god that other top lanes are.

He's sorta a boring, stalemate top that's meant to keep the other guy from farming and just make him miserable.

spooky skelenton

02-18-2013

ya hes a spy

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMćrvelous View Post
No he's just not a super duper hard scaling god that other top lanes are.

He's sorta a boring, stalemate top that's meant to keep the other guy from farming and just make him miserable.
I have no trouble keeping them from farming with ghouls.

He does make it a stalemate though as with no real burst potential at all there's no surprises and they can run away before it's too late.

Late game I feel I'm fairly unkillable but still can do decent enough damage similar to Garen, but with a more teamwork focused ult.

buttersnipss

02-18-2013

yorick is the only really strong lane bully in the game that isn't played just because of how boring he is. normally people will jump on whatever champion is strongest, except yorick

Dredge Mammus

02-18-2013

His strongest ability is nearly entirely reliant on your team's ADC to be strong.
But yeah, he's a wall with 20% damage reduction slapped onto him in team fights.

Whist

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttersnipss View Post
yorick is the only really strong lane bully in the game that isn't played just because of how boring he is. normally people will jump on whatever champion is strongest, except yorick
Hah well can't argue with that.

He's amusing in that "they're probably so annoyed by me right now" kinda way, but you are right he leaves much to be desired in terms of fun to be had with his design.

Sirtommygunn

02-18-2013

Everyone knows Yorick is a strong lane bully, but nobody plays him because he's so boring.