Which of these statements matches your feelings about these two things.

The Tribunal-Positive, the Honor Initiative-Positive 4 36.36%
The Tribunal-Positive, the Honor Initiative-Neutral 3 27.27%
The Tribunal-Neutral, the Honor Initiative-Positive 1 9.09%
The Tribunal-Positive, the Honor Initiative-Negative 0 0%
The Tribunal-Negative, the Honor Initiative-Positive 1 9.09%
The Tribunal-Negative, the Honor Initiative-Negative 0 0%
The Tribunal-Negative, the Honor Initiative-Neutral 0 0%
The Tribunal-Neutral, the Honor Initiative-Negative 0 0%
The Tribunal- Neutral, the Honor Initiative- Neutral 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

A question of language

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tesrac Livesbane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

So aren't there any more takers out there? Really it would make a huge difference in the quality of data I have for this paper and I would like to have a nicely polished final draft. Give a few minutes of your time and choose a single answer, what's it going to hurt?

JediMindaugas

11-26-2012

I do believe that Tribunal, as an idea of giving the players an opportunity to work for the benefit of the community, is great. It is still flawed in some areas, but this is the people themselves to blame.
The honor system...it is sort of abused. For that shiny ribbon people tend to more or less trade the commends. It is agitating to see the pleas at the end of the game for something, that should just be earned. Moreover, 1) games rarely show people's true qualities and people who are true to their judgment don't give honor so easily. How to tell if the opponent is truly honorable if thou had not conversed that much? 2) if can lead to false judgments where the people who play rarely just don't "farm" honor points, while the game fanatics, even not worth to be honored, play a LOT and pick it from the honor traders.
In conclusion, it leads to abusive human nature. Something very hard to get over with.

Gazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

they are actually documenting the success rate of both of these systems. going through a tribunal and getting a warning about specific behavior actually significantly reduces the chance that you get sent back into the tribunal. so I would say that is for sure a positive effect.

the honor system seems to be created with good intentions, but I question their choice of categories "friendly," "teamwork," and "helpful" all seem to be similar/overlapping categories that are not very well defined. in comparison to say...*cue where everyone points guns at me* DotA 2...the commendation system specifies "leadership," "forgiving," "friendly," and "teaching" as the categories one can be commended for, and thus defines specific activities that are encouraged and valued in the community, where as LoL's is currently just "be a cool dude."

in addition to the vagueness [and this is a problem across most games with commendation systems] there's the issue of trading honor or buying honor, but you've addressed what they're doing to combat that pretty well, and simple algorithms like that are EASY to detect.

TL;DR: Tribunal, actually positive. Honor, good intentions, too early to tell.

Tesrac Livesbane

12-01-2012

Alright, poll is closed, thank you everyone who took the time to answer and help me out!

DarkJax

07-14-2014

Both Positive, but Riot taking bot games seriously or banning people for reporting toxic behavior is a whole 'nother story.