Just tried DotA2...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrouge

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCrAzYmAnWAlking View Post
Wow, you are actually right about 3/5 things you mentioned. They copied the new shop system (Search, list/grid view etc.), they made an item (Crystalis flask or sth like that) which has 3 charges and refills in fountain, when activated it restores 100 hp and 50 mana over 10 seconds (it takes longer to restore and it restores less hp/mana, but the idea is the same). The new doran's shield and 1 or 2 more items have damage block (it's flat block amount of damage though, not %). Of course LoL players believe that Riot took the best things of Dota and put them in LoL... They have the right to steal heroes since DotA was just a map, not a game, DOTA 2 did the same thing (although they have the same developer, DotA belongs to Blizzard, not Valve, so it's the same thing :/), but this shop UI thing is outrageous. The worst thing is that even though they surely took the idea from DOTA 2, Valve has no way to prove it, so Riot has got their asses covered...
Dota most definitely does not belong to Blizzard.

aCrAzYmAnWAlking

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeatLover View Post
Weird

I find the Dota 2 Item Shop UI better after playing LoL first

I dunno its vastly different from LoL's since the itemization of Dota is alot different and also different shops

its easier to fast buy in Dota too and you can customize your own item builds
I didn't say LoL's shop is better, I said that they copied the new shop UI from DOTA 2. It now has a search bar, grid/list view, just like dota's.. I still believe DOTA 2 has a better shop though.

Aircross

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCrAzYmAnWAlking View Post
Wow, you are actually right about 3/5 things you mentioned. They copied the new shop system (Search, list/grid view etc.), they made an item (Crystalis flask or sth like that) which has 3 charges and refills in fountain, when activated it restores 100 hp and 50 mana over 10 seconds (it takes longer to restore and it restores less hp/mana, but the idea is the same). The new doran's shield and 1 or 2 more items have damage block (it's flat block amount of damage though, not %). Of course LoL players believe that Riot took the best things of Dota and put them in LoL... They have the right to steal heroes since DotA was just a map, not a game, DOTA 2 did the same thing (although they have the same developer, DotA belongs to Blizzard, not Valve, so it's the same thing :/), but this shop UI thing is outrageous. The worst thing is that even though they surely took the idea from DOTA 2, Valve has no way to prove it, so Riot has got their asses covered...
Where's the end user clause that states that whatever is made in the WCIII map editor belongs to Blizzard?

Ryasha

11-17-2012

I played DotA a lot and i'm playing Dota 2, recently i decided to give LoL a chance cause all my closest friends play it and despite the fact that im horrible i still feel like if it was easier in some way that i cant explain.

Eleven13

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryasha View Post
I played DotA a lot and i'm playing Dota 2, recently i decided to give LoL a chance cause all my closest friends play it and despite the fact that im horrible i still feel like if it was easier in some way that i cant explain.
It's way easier in pretty much every way. It's like a simplified, easier to pick up version of DotA/Dota 2.

Ryasha

11-17-2012

I cant really think that because im bad at LoL, but there is something that makes me feel like if all were easier.

aCrAzYmAnWAlking

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircross View Post
Where's the end user clause that states that whatever is made in the WCIII map editor belongs to Blizzard?
Some of the heroes belong to Blizzard, thus their names aren't the same.
Examples:
Neroubian Assassin>Nyx Assassin
Kael, the Invoker>Invoker (his legal name in DOTA 2 is Carl, Valve has stated that they took the idea from the translation error etc.)
Harbinger, the Obsidian Destroyer>Harbinger, the Outworld Destroyer

I don't say I like it, I just say it's true..

Jaykoboy

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryasha View Post
I cant really think that because im bad at LoL, but there is something that makes me feel like if all were easier.
The problem is that you're used to the reaction times and such of DotA. There's no turn time in League, as well as a lot less punishment if you get out of position. You're probably playing too carefully. Although it's a good idea to be more careful around towers (Those things hurt like a biatch) while you're in lane, don't give no f*cks.

Also, there's no denying. You probs figured that out already.

Eleven13

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
The problem is that you're used to the reaction times and such of DotA. There's no turn time in League, as well as a lot less punishment if you get out of position. You're probably playing too carefully. Although it's a good idea to be more careful around towers (Those things hurt like a biatch) while you're in lane, don't give no f*cks.

Also, there's no denying. You probs figured that out already.
Don't forget that there is basically zero unit collision in LoL too and minions hits do basically nothing. In DotA a group of minions can take you down hard if you aren't careful and they can block the hell out of you in an escape.

Jaykoboy

11-17-2012

There's enough unit collision to make some people miserable, but yeah, very little.