Need help farming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Splurged

11-10-2012

I usually play graves or another ad carry bot. Im only lvlv 18 so i not sure farming is as needed as in ranked but by 20 minutes in a game i usually only have like 100 cs. How can i practice last hiting more. At my lvl players focus more on harass than minion killing. Should i not worry about any more farming? Is like 150 cs a game good enough?

MuffinOfLove

11-10-2012

I can't even remember level 18..that seems so long ago.

Always focus on CS, ask your support to ward the bushes so you are not getting harassed as much at least by suprise.

Usually ADCs start out boots 3 pots, that helps give you speed to get away from the support when he tries to harass you.

Anyone who starts out dorans is usually going to go in for the kill not sit back and CS.

Bot lane is complicated because there's 2v2 which means basically you have to work better with your support player then they do with theirs. Supports job is to ward and zone the opponent out of their exp and CS, your job is to make sure they don't kill your support, farm CS, and get kills to carry the late game.

The only way to practice is to continue playing and get used to it, if minions are near your tower remember the melee ones at full health take two hits from a tower then you should be able to finish them off for the gold, the caster minions take one hit before you need to auto attack them.

TornSpirit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

To practice last hitting, go into a custom game by yourself with any ranged attack damage carry, such as graves. Go to bot lane without any attack damage items at all, and simply attempt to last hit the minions. Try to get 100 minion kills by 15 minutes, without the other tower falling. You probably aren't going to get this on your first try, but if you practice towards a goal like this, you'll see yourself improving heavily.

Now obviously in real games, there'll be more situational differences like harassing the enemy, killing or dying, having to recall, helping with dragon etc, but carries should have around 250ish minion kills by 30-40 minutes, depending on how aggressive the game has been going; might be more if it's a fairly passive game. How you should be playing really depends on the champ you're playing, and the champ that the enemies are playing; for example, as Miss Fortune or Graves, you typically want to go extremely aggressive against your enemies and harass and/or fight constantly, because their early game damage is very high, whereas with champions such as Vayne and Ashe, you generally want to play more passive because their early game lacks, but their late game is extremely good.

Kaalika

11-11-2012

At level 18 half the time there isn't a support at all. Even then, if you focus more on cs than your enemy does, you'll be better able to afford items and be a bigger threat to their entire team later.

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

In low level games, people are more aggressive, yes. However, it's a mark of low skill that you harass instead of farming. Prioritize last hitting over harassment, but get in a few hits when you can't last hit anything, provided you don't miss CS doing so.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-11-2012

^ to elaborate if an enemy kills the same champion 8 times, yet has only farmed 50 minion their gold will not be as high as you'd expect.
They've made it so that if someone has died MULTIPLE times they become increasingly worth less gold.
So, you should trying to safely out farm the enemy, while maybe grabing a kill or two. Minion gold also continues to go up as the match progresses.

If at 15 minutes you manage to go 2/2/1 with 120 cs and have out farmed the enemy ADC that is now 1/3/2 with only 88 you are doing great. BUT OH NO!!! Leblanc is 9/2/0!!!! She's also only ganked once and 7 of her kills are on your allied mid. That and she has less farm then anyone else, besides both teams supports. Gratz, you've out farmed her and are likely to have close to the same amount of gold. She can still melt people, but she also has no late game potential.

I can say from experience, farm is more important. I had played as a smurf sivir, went 2/7/21, my deaths could have been much lower. I under estimated how aggressive the enemy would be. Having started off poorly I just continued to farm, died a few more times after being under leveled....

I ended the game with over 300 cs and 21 assists. More cs then 4/5 of their team combined. I wasnt worried about getting ks'd I knew it was going to happen before even going into the game.

Farming is only second in importance next to not dieing, and not letting your team die. Split pushing is great and all, but a lot of teams will take advantage of the 4v5. Keep that in mind. If it's the difference between farming and team fighting, you should be fighting with your team.