Need help farming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Splurged

11-10-2012

I usually play graves or another ad carry bot. Im only lvlv 18 so i not sure farming is as needed as in ranked but by 20 minutes in a game i usually only have like 100 cs. How can i practice last hiting more. At my lvl players focus more on harass than minion killing. Should i not worry about any more farming? Is like 150 cs a game good enough?

BP Jester

11-10-2012

Every champion has a slightly different attack animation that you have to get used to. A good way to work on CS with a new champion is to play bot games where there is no pressure and you can just focus on last hitting. As you get better, dealing with harassment and getting CS at the same time will become easier.

Splurged

11-11-2012

i think i might be focusing on counter harass too much

Fs Son0fSilas

11-11-2012

From this threads clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSilas View Post
^ to elaborate if an enemy kills the same champion 8 times, yet has only farmed 50 minion their gold will not be as high as you'd expect.
They've made it so that if someone has died MULTIPLE times they become increasingly worth less gold.
So, you should trying to safely out farm the enemy, while maybe grabing a kill or two. Minion gold also continues to go up as the match progresses.

If at 15 minutes you manage to go 2/2/1 with 120 cs and have out farmed the enemy ADC that is now 1/3/2 with only 88 you are doing great. BUT OH NO!!! Leblanc is 9/2/0!!!! She's also only ganked once and 7 of her kills are on your allied mid. That and she has less farm then anyone else, besides both teams supports. Gratz, you've out farmed her and are likely to have close to the same amount of gold. She can still melt people, but she also has no late game potential.

I can say from experience, farm is more important. I had played as a smurf sivir, went 2/7/21, my deaths could have been much lower. I under estimated how aggressive the enemy would be. Having started off poorly I just continued to farm, died a few more times after being under leveled....

I ended the game with over 300 cs and 21 assists. More cs then 4/5 of their team combined. I wasnt worried about getting ks'd I knew it was going to happen before even going into the game.

Farming is only second in importance next to not dieing, and not letting your team die. Split pushing is great and all, but a lot of teams will take advantage of the 4v5. Keep that in mind. If it's the difference between farming and team fighting, you should be fighting with your team.
Try not bumping double posts...

Keep it to one thread and let this one die.