Tried coming back to dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seemseasy

11-10-2012

I haven't played summoner's rift in over a year and haven't played anything other than Arab and proving grounds since April. I decided to try dominion out again to see how it was different.

After a 40 minute queue I got this:

Seemseasy joined the room.
jarretblack joined the room.
LeagueOfLoud joined the room.
AWDubz joined the room.
SforStevie joined the room.
Seemseasy: guys
Seemseasy: this will not be ideal
AWDubz: YEA H ?
jarretblack: FK U ****T
AWDubz: WHAT
LeagueOfLoud: LOL
AWDubz: YOU WANT
Seemseasy: lol
AWDubz: SON
SforStevie: ARAB
SforStevie: ARAB
SforStevie: TRUST
Seemseasy: havent played dom since april
SforStevie: ITS ARAM
AWDubz: WE HAVENT PLAYED SINCE NEVER
SforStevie: ARAB*
SforStevie: TRUSTTTTT
SforStevie: EVERYONE GARRISON?
jarretblack: smite and clar
jarretblack: all smite and clar
jarretblack: WE CAN LOOK AT THEM

Then the game started and they all went bot like in an Arab and stayed there all game playing against 4 players from the other team. I was left to 1v1 against their Heimerdinger who I wasn't really prepared, runed, or picked to deal with, so I lost top. But more disappointing, was how alien I felt as the only guy trying to really play Dominion.

So I'm left to wonder if this is what dominion is now? A game mode with hour long queues that only trolls join, where no one cares to actually play the game they queued for? I'm basically a noob again so may be missing something, but I don't plan on queueing again after that.

FDru

11-10-2012

Normally I'd say 40 min queue means you have really high elo, but in your case I'm gonna say it's so low that you're in a place where nobody gives a ****.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Don't listen to FDru. You were probably queuing for draft, which is dead. Try blind and see how you like it.

DG Denz Brujah

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Normally I'd say 40 min queue means you have really high elo, but in your case I'm gonna say it's so low that you're in a place where nobody gives a ****.
Must you be a tool to everyone ?

As Feed said try Blind ... I'd also recommend joining the ingame chat room "DominateDominion" to find like minded dominion players

Malah

11-11-2012

Ignore FDru. Your day will go much better.

That's the mother of all outlier games. Add me and I'll show you a fun time (That sounded delightfully hoorish >.>) on dom. Draft is dead unless you get two premades queueing together, try blind.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
Don't listen to FDru. You were probably queuing for draft, which is dead. Try blind and see how you like it.
actually Feedski i can give FDRU some validation as far as some of you know i was 900 elo when jabebot stopped working i do think i had a losing streak thereafter dropping me to the Elo FDRU and the op are stating when often i'd face teams of afking people, afking people playing ap champions going ad (manamune anivia etc) random Ap garens and more weird ****, 2v3 matche because everyone else was afk,no items skarners because "we have an afk" when the enemy team also had an afk and the match was a fair 4v4 but no skarner had to be a bs player and go no items trying to solo 3 opponents making the match 3v4 because we have afk" , people that dont give a fuu and i often asked if they were trolling i got the disheartening answer of "maaan youa re already trolling if you are playing dominion" "yeah, joke mode it's not serious is just for giggles no one cares", i got this answer alike from enemy teams as well as allied teams and it happenned every other game, i also got the top or afk guys and recognized names, there was one particular top or afk lee sin player that i referred on a previous thread i did (that got downvoted to oblivion) that i had to dodge every time i saw him, granted it was the only person i dodged and i feel bad about dodging but he was the kind of person of "lose windmill fight-- blame team ask people to report team in all chat-call you names-afk before the clock even hitted 5 minutes and everyone at that low elo would go "gg we have (censored name) you win guys he'll probably afk" , on that particular thread i specified my feelings with a rather blunt "that's it i'm spamming Yorick" because ther'es a limit on how much you can take before getting fed up, so yes If yout hink starting Dominion elo is hell think twice because the REAL Crystal hell is FAR FAR worse and everything i related is just the start of the story. Fdru's statement is valid and the only think the op can do is what i did once i decided i didn't want to stay there any longer, Spam Yorick or/and Jax bot till he gets back to 1200 or at least +10.

Tempestphile

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
That but be prepare for a Darius on the other team, because god forbids you to play a melee that's not top tier

urmamasllama

11-11-2012

i've seen dom elo hell once i had a friend stuck in it. we five capped 5 games in a row pulling him out and we only played 5 games there is a pit of despair down there and something needs to be done about it