League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KirbyLover101

11-11-2012

OddOne is a Vancouverian
CANADA NAO

Irasiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Oh yeah, Canadian tournaments! I am from Quebec too, but even if those are not in quebec since we have a retarded law about internet tournaments participation, i wouln't mind going to Ontario, or such. Kind of WAY easier to get there than LA, you know :/

MaskedCrusader10

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyLover101 View Post
OddOne is a Vancouverian
CANADA NAO
He's from Vancouver, yes, but haven't played in any Canadian based tourney. He moved to the USA with TSM to play. :\

AotW King

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
The post isn't about political arguments, but I'll still answer this one by saying that Qc does get money from Canada, like every other provinces. But, like every other provinces also, they give money to the government, which is then redistributed to the other provinces in values based on the population, their revenues and needs.

Lots of economists watched our growth as a province and noticed that, compared to the current richest countries in the G8 (i think is the name...?), Quebec would we marked with a better economy than Canada if they seperated. Don't ask me how, to be honest, I read it again and again and could not understand how the hell our province gets a better PIB than Canada, but facts are facts...

For the fact of leaving, it is in the past, I doubt it will happen in the next ten years, if ever, but our cultural divide is still a strong point we'd have to set aside if we want to stand as a real good and strong country.

For the post, I really think that everyone in Canada wants the same thing : a better scene. If it is in Quebec (which I REALLY doubt, since our gouvernment is retarded), I really would be happy, since I wouldn't have to travel much to go there. But the same thing applies for the people of Ottawa or Toronto, minus the greedy government for culture/contest.

Let's focus on the OP and just try and make Riot realize that people of Canada WANTS recognition as a good platform for competitive plays.

once again upvote for the canadian scene.

once again lol. I've spent considerable time reading articles about Quebec separating, Yes quebec does have a considerable economy to stand on its own legs but almost all the articles I've read speak more about 15 years from now when all the baby boomers retire and you have a smaller work force paying a much larger tax to pay for the seniors/retirees as well that higher taxes and in general smaller immigration would stop Quebec from thriving.

@Riot Give Canada A Scene Plox!

Imaginationz

11-11-2012

Canada will suck and should stick to hockey.

-a Canadian.

MaskedCrusader10

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginationz View Post
Canada will suck and should stick to hockey.

-a Canadian.
The idea isn't to beat everyone, the idea is just to be seen as a platform that wants to be part of the eSport and the community as a whole, without being left behind, that's all.

We know that it'd be hard to compete against M5 or Azubu, but the purpose is really to be seen more than anything else.

Akesgeroth

11-11-2012

OP, there's only 8 million french speakers in North America. Doesn't exactly warrant a whole server.

Chaindawgz

11-11-2012

From Ontario :)
Would love it if Riot set up some sort of tournament or something.

Thatd be so awesome!

- Chaindawgz

MaskedCrusader10

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akesgeroth View Post
OP, there's only 8 million french speakers in North America. Doesn't exactly warrant a whole server.
Like i said, not a whole SERVER but a French Client, like in France, the server isn't French-only, it's only the client that is.

I'm trying to change the OP to make it more comprehensible for everyone, but since i'm French, English isn't my main language, hence the confusions...!

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Sometimes I wonder if Riot neglects Canadians.

Check this out http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...nds-world-tour
Nothing for Canada even though there are a noticeable amount of professional players are Canadian. Also Riot has several Canadian staff members on hand.