League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alumenlux

11-11-2012

It would be cool to have events in Canada but Canadians are very much involved in the pro scene as it is

The QC argument is a big one and arguing about it here will just get you trolled tho, just saying =]

Løre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

There's a law preventing Quebec citizens from entering online tournaments.
Therefor reaching a playerbase in Quebec is kind of hard.

MaskedCrusader10

11-11-2012

Well, Canadians are involved, just not on their own ground. Just look at TheOddOne or Chaox, even HotShotGG, they are all living in the USA now, playing for United-State based teams.

There are just no tournaments here, that's the problem. :\

For the Qc, the number of players is massive, but how our laws are affected here in Qubec is what makes us unable to be fully part of the community, which is kind of sad.

Duderman3210

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
To be totally honest with you, I LOVE for something great to happen to our province, but it cannot be done because our government is too stubborn with their weird laws on contests and stuff.

The post was really about any Canadian player, not just Qubcois, I feel that we are all left out, not just the French Canadians.

If the post felt like I wanted Qc to get everything and Canada to be left out, it was not intentional, like I said, I am French, my English isn't the best and am deeply sorry.
You still write better english than half the people who were ragging on you. I agree with you about the whole Canada doesn't get a large enough gaming scene, even if we have a large gaming community. I've even made a few threads about this myself, as it's true. There are a lot of canadian gamers who don't want to have to get a passport just to attend tournaments, it's really annoying how little attention we get. Only time we've been big on a national scale in a while has been the Vancouver Olympics.

MaskedCrusader10

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderman3210 View Post
You still write better english than half the people who were ragging on you. I agree with you about the whole Canada doesn't get a large enough gaming scene, even if we have a large gaming community. I've even made a few threads about this myself, as it's true. There are a lot of canadian gamers who don't want to have to get a passport just to attend tournaments, it's really annoying how little attention we get. Only time we've been big on a national scale in a while has been the Vancouver Olympics.
Well, to be fair, we did play in an international championship (Sound Blaster Nations if I remember correctly), and won against Team America. But the roster was based of players that are currently living in USA in an American Gaming House, which makes them kind of like American players more than Canadian, since they aren't even fighting on their own land. I think the roster was based of TheOddOne, Chaox, HSGG, Elementz and BigFatLP. So yeah, CRS, TSM and CLG, none of which has a Canadian Gaming house...!

Rpture Jarvan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Psh... You really think quebec would get the events?
If anything they would be in toronto which would be smart.

But yes, as mentioned I am dissapointed that this went from a 'canadian scene' of lol players, to just making a post to cater to the people of quebec

MaskedCrusader10

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimstopper View Post
Psh... You really think quebec would get the events?
If anything they would be in toronto which would be smart.

But yes, as mentioned I am dissapointed that this went from a 'canadian scene' of lol players, to just making a post to cater to the people of quebec
Like I said in another post, the OP does sound a like I want a more Qc intensive scene, but what I really want is just a scene in the Northern plains of North America, not just in the United-States. Even if there are tourneys in Vancouver city, I'd be happy nonetheless.

Read my other posts and you'll see .

Even though I am Qubcois, it doesn't mean that I want an exclusive scene for Quebec, I really just want people to notice the fact that there are a LOT of players in NA that aren't from USA and that WANTS a place in the eSport and in the LoL experience other countries are currently seeing.

AotW King

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
I really hope you are kidding, because... first of all we were the first part of Canada's History... Plus tried twice to "get off your land", but it failed twice because Canadians didn't want us to leave the country. Make up your minds man... xD

Upvote for interest and FYI,

We couldn't care less if you guys "left" but you wanted to continue receiving money from the Canadian government as well as continue to use canadian currency.

Even if the vote had passed to separate quebec would not most certainly not have as soon as they realised that that they would not get any money from us.

MaskedCrusader10

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AotW King View Post
Upvote for interest and FYI,

We couldn't care less if you guys "left" but you wanted to continue receiving money from the Canadian government as well as continue to use canadian currency.

Even if the vote had passed to separate quebec would not most certainly not have as soon as they realised that that they would not get any money from us.
The post isn't about political arguments, but I'll still answer this one by saying that Qc does get money from Canada, like every other provinces. But, like every other provinces also, they give money to the government, which is then redistributed to the other provinces in values based on the population, their revenues and needs.

Lots of economists watched our growth as a province and noticed that, compared to the current richest countries in the G8 (i think is the name...?), Quebec would we marked with a better economy than Canada if they seperated. Don't ask me how, to be honest, I read it again and again and could not understand how the hell our province gets a better PIB than Canada, but facts are facts...

For the fact of leaving, it is in the past, I doubt it will happen in the next ten years, if ever, but our cultural divide is still a strong point we'd have to set aside if we want to stand as a real good and strong country.

For the post, I really think that everyone in Canada wants the same thing : a better scene. If it is in Quebec (which I REALLY doubt, since our gouvernment is retarded), I really would be happy, since I wouldn't have to travel much to go there. But the same thing applies for the people of Ottawa or Toronto, minus the greedy government for culture/contest.

Let's focus on the OP and just try and make Riot realize that people of Canada WANTS recognition as a good platform for competitive plays.

Yaddar

11-11-2012

yah I wonder the same about Mexico