League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyel

11-10-2012

What about in Ontario Only one french province in Canada

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by randompeople604 View Post
What about in Ontario Only one french province in Canada
On the third part of my post i talked about Ottawa, which is in Ontario and, to be honest, any event in Canada would satisfy me, anywhere really. As long as Riot notices that we are a big chunk of people that WANTS to be part of the pro scene and the LoL experience itself. I'll be happy

Gibgezr

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
Well, the Server was really more of a "hey, that'd be nice", the post was really more about the Scene in general. If it appeared like I only wanted a new server for the french-only speakers, i guess it really is because i'm not as good as i thought in english to express myself perfectly...

I'm serious, what I want in the near future would be events/contests/tournaments for every canadian teams/players not just a server, the server is really minor details in my opinion. The fact that Qc's laws are really strict when it comes to products is the only reason why i put these informations in the post in the first place. The ONLY thing i wanted to know out of this is IF Riot had plans to make a French Server. Out of curiosity, that's it.

The post was really about the Scene itself and what they wanted to do with it.
Aha, I get you now. Yes, I would love to see more of a Canadian scene, some sort of national season events throughout the year in every province etc. We have started running monthly tournaments at my school, with games spectated on a large theatre screen and commentators, it's hella fun

I am aware of Quebec's problems with games that don't have French documentation and localization; is is very problematic for indie games, but doesn't seem to be a huge issue for the major publishers. I'm actually attending the Montreal International Game Summit next week, the second-best developer conference in the world (the main GDC in California is the best by far, but MIGS beats out the smaller GDCs held in places like the UK). I've been to most of the MIGS events over the years, and there is occasionally discussion of this issue, although really a lot less than you'd think, given that we are in Quebec.

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibgezr View Post
Aha, I get you now. Yes, I would love to see more of a Canadian scene, some sort of national season events throughout the year in every province etc. We have started running monthly tournaments at my school, with games spectated on a large theatre screen and commentators, it's hella fun

I am aware of Quebec's problems with games that don't have French documentation and localization; is is very problematic for indie games, but doesn't seem to be a huge issue for the major publishers. I'm actually attending the Montreal International Game Summit next week, the second-best developer conference in the world (the main GDC in California is the best by far, but MIGS beats out the smaller GDCs held in places like the UK). I've been to most of the MIGS events over the years, and there is occasionally discussion of this issue, although really a lot less than you'd think, given that we are in Quebec.

I want to go to your school... like right now... I'd really love to feel this intense feeling of a crowd cheering for the same play like me and my friends feel when watching a tourny on stream and on skype...

I really don't know much about the actual law that denies us access no any contest in other province/countries, but all I know is that if the contest has money involved, the government wants a share, for publishing reasons (or at least i heard...?).

Thanks for the info on the MIGS though, I never heard of it and it really does intrigues me now. ^^

Gibgezr

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
I want to go to your school... like right now... I'd really love to feel this intense feeling of a crowd cheering for the same play like me and my friends feel when watching a tourny on stream and on skype...

I really don't know much about the actual law that denies us access no any contest in other province/countries, but all I know is that if the contest has money involved, the government wants a share, for publishing reasons (or at least i heard...?).

Thanks for the info on the MIGS though, I never heard of it and it really does intrigues me now. ^^
Hmm, does that mean they might not like RIot even giving out small RP prizes for tournaments? That would suck >.<

Ya, MIGS isn't open to the public, it's a somewhat expensive "developers only" conference...full of press and students, of course! No small wonder you have never heard of it. They regularly have over 10k attendees, all geeks. Would be somewhat boring for someone who wasn't involved in actual development/publishing.

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibgezr View Post
Hmm, does that mean they might not like RIot even giving out small RP prizes for tournaments? That would suck >.<

Ya, MIGS isn't open to the public, it's a somewhat expensive "developers only" conference...full of press and students, of course! No small wonder you have never heard of it. They regularly have over 10k attendees, all geeks. Would be somewhat boring for someone who wasn't involved in actual development/publishing.
Yeah, it's more the prize money they're after usually. From what I heard, if I am correct, one of our Ministry, the one that organizes major events in Quebec, is kind of like the Big Boss of any contest that has anything do to with people of the province. If the contest has money, it wants some, if it's in English, it wants French...

They are kind of strict when it comes to contest. Which is the reason why Song of the Summoned, or ANY Riot contest were unavailable for Québécois to enter... Which is a shame since a lot of people, like me, wanted to enter. :C

ThisSpaceForRent

11-11-2012

more then half of canada was wrongfully banned 2 days ago, riot doesnt care

SilentSounds

11-11-2012

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

They should make a poppy poppy skin

MaskedCrusader10

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisSpaceForRent View Post
more then half of canada was wrongfully banned 2 days ago, riot doesnt care
Half of Canada? What are you talking about? O.o?

Hrud

11-11-2012

Hey OP, I do hope you realise that you are being trolled hardcore right now.

I wouldn't bother answering back if I were you.

Don't feed the trolls.