League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SculptorOvFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzakku View Post
I'm Canadian and you basically seeped Quebec's individuality compared to the rest of Canada in your whole post. You don't want better things for the whole country, just your province. Very close minded for you sir.
Gets it.^

Twillera

11-10-2012

Quote:
I'm Canadian and you basically seeped Quebec's individuality compared to the rest of Canada in your whole post. You don't want better things for the whole country, just your province. Very close minded for you sir.
How so? The English NA server works well for all English speaking canadians, why would we need a tiny version? A Quebec server would make sense in a bi lingual country. We dont need another english NA server, but we do need a French NA server. Also Quebec is part of canada, so talking about it is talking about the whole country.

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

Quote:
To be totally honest with you, I LOVE for something great to happen to our province, but it cannot be done because our government is too stubborn with their weird laws on contests and stuff.

The post was really about any Canadian player, not just Québécois, I feel that we are all left out, not just the French Canadians.

If the post felt like I wanted Qc to get everything and Canada to be left out, it was not intentional, like I said, I am French, my English isn't the best and am deeply sorry.

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eceto View Post
How so? The English NA server works well for all English speaking canadians, why would we need a tiny version? A Quebec server would make sense in a bi lingual country. We dont need another english NA server, but we do need a French NA server. Also Quebec is part of canada, so talking about it is talking about the whole country.

Yeah, i didn't really explain myself clearly on that it appears... I really did only want a French Server for the French speakers to help them learn (like French tutorials and such) easier. Not a full blown "French-only-English-hating" Server where only Qc players are allowed to play... I really just wanted something that everyone could enjoy, and seeing that Qc's laws against products/events/anything really that is English-only pisses them off a bit... So yeah...

slifer556

11-10-2012

For those who are not Canadian, Quebec is like the anti-english province. They have the "language police", and I am not speaking that as a metaphor.

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slifer556 View Post
For those who are not Canadian, Quebec is like the anti-english province. They have the "language police", and I am not speaking that as a metaphor.
That's not true... The "language police", which is called the "Loi 101", was our way of guarding our language from the rich Englishmen from Great Britain not so long ago. We kept our guards high thinking that our language was going to disappear the moment we let English in our lives, yet here we are, still as French as ever.

We were always seen as the poor province and our collective memories of English always been a bit mad seeing as we were almost seen as slaves to them. But we still do like them, we are just trying to find our independent way of thinking through all these differences in our cultures.

The "hate" of which you speak isn't actually a real thing. It's more of an incompatibility due to our different languages. We don't want to hate you and you don't want to hate us, yet we still feel as you guys oppress us as being the bad guy, so we do the same. It's going nowhere to keep bashing on a Nation for being different. Embrace differences and make Canada a better country instead of trying to spill hate on everyone, making it even more difficult for cohabitation.

This is one of the reason why Quebec tried to be a separate country. Canadians wanted us to stay canadian and accepted our language. Then this is what happens...

SculptorOvFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
That's not true... The "language police", which is called the "Loi 101", was our way of guarding our language from the rich Englishmen from Great Britain not so long ago. We kept our guards high thinking that our language was going to disappear the moment we let English in our lives, yet here we are, still as INBRED as ever.

We were always seen as the poor province and our collective memories of English always been a bit mad seeing as we were almost seen as slaves to them. But we still do like them, we are just trying to find our independent way of thinking through all these differences in our cultures.
Fixed.

Kelly Price

11-10-2012

I'd support official business in BC.

BC matters.

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SculptorOvFlesh View Post
Fixed.
You're not helping, you don't even care about if Canada gets a better scene or not.

The post's purpose was to make people see that Canadians care about the game, stop clouding it with hate comments, it just leads to nothing but pain and misery.

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Price View Post
I'd support official business in BC.

BC matters.
BC does matter, like every other provinces. I would really love to see a Riot Games in a place like Vancouver or Ottawa, it doesn't have to be in Montreal, Quebec, or Toronto, anywhere in Canada is fine by me. I really just want acknowledgement that Canadians do care about the game and tournaments/events to flourish this love for the game.