League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Today I am Death

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytaco69r View Post
negged for mentioned quebec
I don't no if your stupid or never learned history and geography but unfortunatly for you Quebec is part of Canada. If you truly believe that Quebec should be a seperate country then i honor you opinions. However a lot of your govenment money comes from ontario and the rest of canada. so without it you would have a much worse lifestyle. not to mention you currency would have horrible value vs the canadia dollar. i can go on but i think you see my point.

MaskedCrusader10

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by leageoflol View Post
I don't no if your stupid or never learned history and geography but unfortunatly for you Quebec is part of Canada. If you truly believe that Quebec should be a seperate country then i honor you opinions. However a lot of your govenment money comes from ontario and the rest of canada. so without it you would have a much worse lifestyle. not to mention you currency would have horrible value vs the canadia dollar. i can go on but i think you see my point.
I mean yes, we give out like 5.4 M dollars to Canadian gov. to get 8 M back as redistributive money for provinces... but we still would do a good job on our own nonetheless. We're like the 8th highest in PIB in the world, while Canada is 6th with Qc, but drops to 7th without our province... So I mean... we're not all that bad money-wise. I don't know how the hell we'll manage a new currency, but i guess we'll find a way IF ever it occurs... Which is rather slim considering the current situation.

As for the separation itself, it started out as just a notice to the fact that we got a big cultural gap between french and english provinces in the same country. Our history is viewed differently and our values/life styles have differences. Proud Quebecers see themselves as brave fighters that fought for the right to speak French even after defeat it survived through wars, but what the brainwashed Quebecers remembers is that we were the defeated bunch that survived like rats trying to make a living doing what the power tells us to do to not get punished/exterminated. This is where the "Je me souviens" comes from. The expression some "defeatist" calls us is "Porteur d'eau" (water carrier), people how fetch water for a living, only doing the same thing for the greater good, not thinking, not speaking, only carrying the same pots along the same roads leading home. They grew tired of this life and tried to make a change.

The least you could do is acknowledge their hardships in a position they did not choose to be in and let them believe that there is something greater than where they are right now! If you don't know what i'm talking about, read about how English conquered the North of the New Continent and you'll see. Without a single tear dropped, France pretty much left us to our faith...

That said PLEASE STOP THE POLITICAL FEUD! Everybody has their opinion and has a right to express themselves, but this should not be a place of HATE, this is a thread about bringing something GREAT not about how Qc why or why not Qc should leave or how French are this or that.

For the love of god, stop the hate ;__;

MaskedCrusader10

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uiraya View Post
Nope.

My brother and I are likely the most eastern NA players.
~Uiru
Well, i didn't say the farthest coast of Canada, only said far to make a vague precision on where I was living. I started the post by saying I was from Qc and got SO much hate posts that i just decided to go a easier way and let people guess... yeah...

Crowcaine

01-08-2013

nobody cares about canada, stop

MaskedCrusader10

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcaine View Post
nobody cares about canada, stop
Never.

Biteback

01-09-2013

Riot sees us as part of the NA players; U.S.A and Canada, more or less. That is my view as a Canadian.

Imagine League gets bigger; our government might get the idea to request for aCanadian Version of LOL, and we all know it has happened to other things. That version probably wouldn't even last longer than the TV show versions we watch, but that's besides the point.

I like French, the Crepe they make, but there's no doubt, Quebec is part of Canada, and is spoken for all of us who dare say "eh". If Riot is going to do something for Canada, or for the rest of the world, it is going to be, and always be, the biggest impression for the history of MOBA gaming.

Really, we are leaning towards our own identity in the League, and it is not bad, but if only something special comes up for us, I'm open ears.

So serous, starting with a representative from Canada to be part of the RIOT team would be cool; other than that, the difference would only be the cold we face.

MaskedCrusader10

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biteback View Post
Riot sees us as part of the NA players; U.S.A and Canada, more or less. That is my view as a Canadian.

Imagine League gets bigger; our government might get the idea to request for aCanadian Version of LOL, and we all know it has happened to other things. That version probably wouldn't even last longer than the TV show versions we watch, but that's besides the point.

I like French, the Crepe they make, but there's no doubt, Quebec is part of Canada, and is spoken for all of us who dare say "eh". If Riot is going to do something for Canada, or for the rest of the world, it is going to be, and always be, the biggest impression for the history of MOBA gaming.

Really, we are leaning towards our own identity in the League, and it is not bad, but if only something special comes up for us, I'm open ears.

So serous, starting with a representative from Canada to be part of the RIOT team would be cool; other than that, the difference would only be the cold we face.
My view as a Quebecois is that we are left behind in most of what is happening in the community because of our government's stupidity towards internet (like contests and such). And as for my Canadian point of view, I think that we have the POTENTIAL to be bigger than we are as of right now.

I HIGHLY doubt our government would change its stance on Gaming in general, considering Harper's view on Culture in general is rather discouraging, same with our whole government in Qc.

It is obvious that Riot has something big coming for everyone to enjoy in the next year, but participation in those events is a whole new story.

If you didn't know, there are actually lots of Rioters that are in fact Canadians, but their hands are tied due to the fact that we are all silently watching streams only dreaming of something more. We could have a platform to compete if we had a major company backing people up, all we need is a giant mass of people coming together demanding something greater and organizing that thing, like the French casters, Chips et Noi, did with Tales of the Lane, a fan funded tournament.

The problem is I am but a single voice inside an ocean of players, not better than the next, nor worst. Not a caster, nor a blogger, reporter or all that good stuff. I'm really just one single guy enjoying a game and wanting more out of it, a real big experience, a thrilling experience with people who think alike in a land we can call home.

2 Anivias 1 egg

01-14-2013

So...basically this turned into a Qc vs Canada thread.

I'm from Qc and with reactions such as these, no wonder we wanna separate.

#ViveLeQcLibre

MaskedCrusader10

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzZDiabloZzZ View Post
So...basically this turned into a Qc vs Canada thread.

I'm from Qc and with reactions such as these, no wonder we wanna separate.

#ViveLeQcLibre
I laughed out loud reading that.

Yes, yes it did become a Qc vs Canada thread and a Canadian hate group, which is a big shame considering the thread's purpose...

Doumz

01-19-2013

Bump for Canada, we need an event in the center of it so everyone from East to West can get to it easily.