Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedCrusader10

12-16-2012

Already started my team and got contacted by someone with 4 members on his team wanting to scrim and stuff...

Going one step at a time i guess, but right now i'm thinking what would be freaking awesome and the easiest to make would be an online Canadian scrim league, having a rewardless "king of the hill"-type tournament.

All I would need is at least 4 teams with a full roster 5 members and a proper time to do this. And a fifth team could be added later.

The tournament would be simple and go something like this :

Bo1 : w vs x / w vs y / w vs z / x vs y / x vs z / y vs z

Let's say W destroyed 3-0, X 2-1, Y 1-2 and Z 0-3

Round One :

W vs Z
2 - 0

X vs Y
2 - 1

Round Two :

Z vs Y
0 - 2

W vs X
2 - 1

Semi-Finals :

X vs Y

Final :

W vs X

Let's say X won the tournament, we could then add V to the mix, taking the place of X, making X the Final boss, the one to beat.

CowMeat

12-16-2012

I am a Canadian player. I have competed in a local tournament and want to do so more in the future. I have a douzen friends in Western Canada who play League of legends.

MaskedCrusader10

12-16-2012

Quote:
CowMeat:
I am a Canadian player. I have competed in a local tournament and want to do so more in the future. I have a douzen friends in Western Canada who play League of legends.

Let's gather em up and do something :3

Forever Dunking

12-16-2012

Quote:
Sojs:
fuk u french canada lets scrap\

poutine if i win

Dare say that infront of people in Quebec, We are gonna **** you up, seriously. it just shows how much of an ignorant little kid you are.
You guys ask us to speak english and we do. some of us can talk better than your people. While you guys would try learning french and fail miserably. This is just too funny.

It is like If were going to say: omg fuk u america bigmac if I win. that's the same level of stupidness.

MaskedCrusader10

12-16-2012

Quote:
BladesXx:
Dare say that infront of people in Quebec, We are gonna **** you up, seriously. it just shows how much of an ignorant little kid you are.
You guys ask us to speak english and we do. some of us can talk better than your people. While you guys would try learning french and fail miserably. This is just too funny.

It is like If were going to say: omg fuk u america bigmac if I win. that's the same level of stupidness.

Yeah, people have a tendency to trashtalk our nation, just because of our differences... but i mean, getting into their hate game just isn't worth it... Hater's gonna hate no matter what you say. Let's just focus on what's important and forget about the rest.

cavecricket48

12-17-2012

Canadialand!

In any case, you guys already have some great players on the scene; WildTurtle comes to mind immediately.

MaskedCrusader10

12-17-2012

Quote:
cavecricket48:
Canadialand!

In any case, you guys already have some great players on the scene; WildTurtle comes to mind immediately.

Yeah, we got lots of great players, only problem is the fact that they don't have anywhere to practice their "job" as a professional gamer in Canada cause we have no tournaments/events to go to.

Apollinarius

12-18-2012

I'm all for this.

Honestly, what I really want is for Riot to open an office in Canada. I don't care what town, I will move there to be able to work at Riot. There is no way my wife would ever support a move to the US, but anywhere in Canada is fine.

Riot, plz.

Apollinarius

12-18-2012

Quote:
cavecricket48:
Canadialand!

Both Chaox and TheOddOne are from Canada. As is HotshotGG. We don't lack famous players, it's just that there aren't any teams that identify themselves as Canadian, the way Meet Your Makers is a Polish team or M5 is a Russian team.

MaskedCrusader10

12-18-2012

Quote:
Apollinarius:
I'm all for this.

Honestly, what I really want is for Riot to open an office in Canada. I don't care what town, I will move there to be able to work at Riot. There is no way my wife would ever support a move to the US, but anywhere in Canada is fine.

Riot, plz.

You don't know how much i feel ya.

Although I don't think I have the qualification for pretty much any jobs they offer, since I haven't even finished my first year of University, don't have much background in character design and have no degree in socio-psycho-wombo-jumbo... I would still really want to be a part and do my part in the community in some way.

Quote:
Both Chaox and TheOddOne are from Canada. As is HotshotGG. We don't lack famous players, it's just that there aren't any teams that identify themselves as Canadian, the way Meet Your Makers is a Polish team or M5 is a Russian team.

^ and yeah, this is sums up pretty much what i'm trying desperately to explain x_x