League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedCrusader10

Senior Member

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
I agree, I want PAX in montreal D;
That'd be so freaking sweet man o_o


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harablo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

actually there are competative players from canada they just joined up and called themsleves american teams when lol was just in there.
just look at chaox and oddone for example both canadians that ended up moving to america to get more serious.
or hotshotgg, and bigfatjiji


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedCrusader10

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harablo View Post
actually there are competative players from canada they just joined up and called themsleves american teams when lol was just in there.
just look at chaox and oddone for example both canadians that ended up moving to america to get more serious.
or hotshotgg, and bigfatjiji
Like i said many times in the post, yeah, that's the problem, the fact that they join, but never really compete on their own land :\

Chaox/Oddone/Elementz you name it, they all moved from Canada to USA just because there was nothing in Canada, that's what i want to change


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MichaeI Jaxon

Senior Member

12-03-2012

PAX could be at the Scotiabank Place!
Hope to see you guys up here in the great white North!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JackAssCid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

hold close to our hearts i speak for yourself fellow canadian i really only play for a group game with friends anymore. been here too long and seen too little real progress made 2.5 years and 100 or so champs later only one new map and a remake of one game starts getting a bit stale and boring. as for dominion i didnt want shorter games on dominion theyre over before i really even start to have fun. also id rather see some more local star craft 2 tournaments in canada preferably in the vancouver area and not big pro tournaments something players of lower level can enjoy and have a chance at winning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedCrusader10

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAssCid View Post
hold close to our hearts i speak for yourself fellow canadian i really only play for a group game with friends anymore. been here too long and seen too little real progress made 2.5 years and 100 or so champs later only one new map and a remake of one game starts getting a bit stale and boring. as for dominion i didnt want shorter games on dominion theyre over before i really even start to have fun. also id rather see some more local star craft 2 tournaments in canada preferably in the vancouver area and not big pro tournaments something players of lower level can enjoy and have a chance at winning.
Well, to go to the big league, one must go through the low league, going to minor events and building up fame, so yeah, hard work and sacrifice, but worth it. Good luck with that

For league, i mean, it's the same thing over and over again, no matter what is the map, but every games still feels different, different champs, different items, spells, gameplay, that's why it's addicting. If you lost the love you once had for the game, it's a shame, but people still loves it here and wants something bigger than watching streams.

You said they didn't make much progress, but look at dota 1 and 2, how much progress did they made since it started? What is there to change to a near flawless game? Minor stat changes, yeah, but the map is balanced, the champions are mostly balanced and the gameplay is still fun. Plus, the map will be changed a bit for S3 and the new skins/champions added each month grants a new gameplay every patch, which is amazing. What other can be changed to this game? A new gameplay will be accepted at first, then left behind again like dominion. People does enjoy it still, but i mean SR is why people play league, that and the murderbridge...!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyatt Cole

Member

12-03-2012

100% agreed, even for the Canadians that don't care too much for being in a tournament but would love to go see one live! :O


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHatPerson

Senior Member

12-03-2012

quebec dont allow videogame company to come make a tournament if the tourney isnt in french as main language


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedCrusader10

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHatPerson View Post
quebec dont allow videogame company to come make a tournament if the tourney isnt in french as main language
We COULD try and get french casters and make a tournament like in Tales of the Lanes, with english Riot casters. I bet there are lots of good french casters that would be pleased to cast for an event like this.

But yeah, that's why i thought Canadian tournament would be more interesting and less complicated to pull off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JackAssCid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
Well, to go to the big league, one must go through the low league, going to minor events and building up fame, so yeah, hard work and sacrifice, but worth it. Good luck with that

For league, i mean, it's the same thing over and over again, no matter what is the map, but every games still feels different, different champs, different items, spells, gameplay, that's why it's addicting. If you lost the love you once had for the game, it's a shame, but people still loves it here and wants something bigger than watching streams.

You said they didn't make much progress, but look at dota 1 and 2, how much progress did they made since it started? What is there to change to a near flawless game? Minor stat changes, yeah, but the map is balanced, the champions are mostly balanced and the gameplay is still fun. Plus, the map will be changed a bit for S3 and the new skins/champions added each month grants a new gameplay every patch, which is amazing. What other can be changed to this game? A new gameplay will be accepted at first, then left behind again like dominion. People does enjoy it still, but i mean SR is why people play league, that and the murderbridge...!
i dont see skins and new champions adding anything new the odd one does but many are just hybrids of others or complete rehashes. the skins just change look and nothing more theyre just eye candy. as for modes i dont need modes but actual new maps would be nice hell add some environment effects that we can use against enemies make it so ice champions can freeze the river trapping or messing with the movements of other champions or have fire types be capable of lighting the bushes on fire and inflicting damage to champions in them. anything that actually makes things interesting would be nice. as for the game being near perfect yeah not really balance is still a joke and will be till they stop releasing champions.