Why Dominion is rdy for Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NavyGothic

11-11-2012

The other really nice thing about adding Ranked would be that you don't need to play too seriously in Blind Pick anymore.

There's times when I want to win matches. There's other times when I want to play LeBlanc 10 times in a row (and given how awful I am at LB, that would end poorly). Right now it kinda ****s with the other people on my team who do want to play a serious match... so I try not to do silly things like that. Would be nice for blind pick to be a no-pressure match.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
For the millionth time it's not balance issues preventing release it's population size
A lot of us have stopped playing as often because of the lack of ranked. Draft is dead(still), and blind pick is frustrating because you can often lose at champ select.

For me personally, I generally only play with buddies now unless it's Wednesday and I am streaming. Even with my friends we'd rather play ARAM or the New Twisted Treeline that has ranked. A lot of the upper echelon of players have stopped playing unless it's to practice for tournaments.

I also know that for myself, once Steam releases its holiday sales, my play time on Dominion will decrease drastically. Hell, I still need to play Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, and finish Eternal Darkness and Psychonauts.

So i mean, we can turn your statement around and say its release is preventing population size.

KaWraith

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Ive played vs many lulus including the popular zimike, never was really impressed.
Zimike is a boss... and even makes Sejuani look good.

Its not playing against lulu that makes you appreciate the champion, it's playing With lulu, and realizing how much more face-roll you can be with a really good support player (like zimike) helping you.

you just don't seem to understand how incredibly powerful the truckload of utility lulu brings to the table turns fights around.

I do think dominion may have some upcoming issues with the new assassin buffs that are coming up, as assassins are already pretty good on dominion.

Riot has some particular reason not to do ranked dominion: they may want to time it to coincide with a massive TT level update and ad campaign in order to generate a large amount of new interest, equivalent to re-launching dominion.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
For the millionth time it's not balance issues preventing release it's population size
That's a terrible reason.

Even if there were only 10 people playing, I would like to know if I was ranked 10 or 9. (Probably 10)

FrozenBlades

11-13-2012

bump