Should S3 remove supports?

Yes, I don't need/want them. 8 34.78%
No, I need/want playing them. 15 65.22%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

I hope S3 kills the support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiloTrain

11-10-2012

Read all before down vote please!

We don't need a support in season 3.

Why create a game where the current meta is to have a support; a role which only the minority of the minority like to play. The role which yes is large but often leads to standing around quietly, while the ADC can farm.

Now I know I will be called a 'noob' by many especially by the support lovers. However I just hope that this 'sightstone' that may come out helps the support to be more fun like the others. I mean I have played support and don't mind it, warding the whole map is somewhat pleasurable for a while. Although they only last for 3 minutes and can get cleared. However supporting is terrible if the ADC is bad in which case the support need to also have a bit more damage input in the lane to be able to carry.

Support is especially terrible when being the quiet one(s) in groups. Now I am not often this person but certain people in my group I play LoL with are usually forced into the role of support as no one else wants it. Even if they have more experience than the others and the others feed. I feel for these people.

If not kill it make the support a more dominant role where you need the buffs from the support or you die or at least let them buy items that aren't consumables or GP5s.

I dream of a game where all roles are equal and my friends and I can play without having to type or say via Skype...

'dibs not support'

Keisari94

11-10-2012

It makes me laugh everyone is like ' support is a great role to play' In all truth, we ALL hate it. People just say they like it cause they want to look 'good'

Uncle Jellyfish

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keisari94 View Post
It makes me laugh everyone is like ' support is a great role to play' In all truth, we ALL hate it. People just say they like it cause they want to look 'good'
I won't say that "support is a great role to play," but I do enjoy playing support. Support and tank are probably my two favorite roles to play. Then again, I main Lulu....

Unique Kantilope

11-10-2012

do i play support all the time? no, but, it is fun to play, chasing people as soraka screaming "POTASSIUM 4 UUUUUU" is some of the best fun one can have in league.

also, tthe meta doesnt require you to adhere to it. take leona, mumu, or naut bot lane instead of a supp if you hate the concept so much

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

its the 0cs bit that he hates, not the support bit.
ur never going to do anything big, because honestly you're starved for gold.

GrooveTrain

11-11-2012

Legitimately, playing support is my favorite role. It involves less mechanical skills and more focus on overall strategy and coordination, map awareness, controlling objectives, tracking the enemy jungle, and ensuring your team has the tools they need to win. The support makes or breaks the game, and could be considered a command role in the "unit." If you think your job as a support is to stand there and let the ADC farm, then please, please, please stop playing my role even if you are forced into it; you're better off running a double-farming kill lane.

RoketPoweredFilo

11-11-2012

Support always has something to do. If you are in lane with your carry you should be harassing/denying the opposing carry cs. That alone keep most supports busy aside from the normal warding, objective tracking, protecting your carry and minimap awareness. It's a fun role just simply because off the diversity of game play mechanics which a support will cover in any given game.

GrooveTrain

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombotMECHA View Post
its the 0cs bit that he hates, not the support bit.
ur never going to do anything big, because honestly you're starved for gold.
Lane support and teamfight support are completely different concepts. A lot of traditional supports are ok staying 0CS whole game and will still have plenty of utility, but after laning there is very little reason why any support can't start farming when there is an opportunity (i.e. no objective to take, no carries around creeps, you're passing through the jungle and you happen to have decent clearing speed). There is also no reason why a support cannot get kills - yes there are better people to feed the kill to in many circumstances, but one or two kills going to the support can help their itemization out a LOT, and as long as the team gets assist gold you're still ahead.

There is no reason that you can't build your support Fiddle/Annie/Zyra into a mini-AP carry after laning and leave teamfight support to another more suited member of the team. There's no reason you can't build your support Cho'gath into a Wit's End megatank. In many situations splitting your lane support and teamfight support into two champions gives you the same utility with more damage output.