Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I gained 500 elo in 1 month, then dropped 250 and gained it back in 12 days, AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aos22

11-10-2012

Here is my lolking elo graph: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23187034#profile

I was in the 1000s for a long time while I was playing WoW, playing a few games of LoL per week at best, not caring much about my elo. Around 6 months ago I quit WoW and the only game I played was league, got up to the 1200s.

When they announced the rewards for season 3 I decided I wanted to try and get gold. One month later (33 days iirc) I was 1519 elo. Having achieved my goal, I lost focus/motivation/whatever and dropped to 1263 elo in just over a month.

Then I realised that the soft reset for season 3 would be based off your current rating and not your highest rating. In order to reach my new goal (Plat in season 3) I had to get my rating as high as possible before the season 2 end in order to have that small edge when the reset goes through. So here I am 12 days later, back at 1519 rating.

AMA

PS I didn't play much for that +250 I think I lost only 2-4 games

PPS Don't ask me why I suck so much with Lee sin