Real Fan, Real Critic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

33XYZ33

11-10-2012

To those who would criticize this post as too critical, remember that Riot has said that the reason LOL is such an awesome game is that the developers themselves are fans of the game, which is what makes the game constantly improve.

With that said, I personally AM a huge fan of LOL, and it is with the intention of seeing an improvement of the overall game that I say the following. If I offend anyone on a personal level, remember that I do so, with the best intentions in mind, and even if so, I do apologize in advance.

- Real fan, real critic. 33XYZ33

33XYZ33

11-10-2012

Since this is my first post, I should say ahead of time that these first set of posts are directly directed at RIOT, and their development studios, since they are the only ones who can do something about what I am about to say. Me talking and then not acting makes my posts completely valueless.

The following are small suggestions that I feel would make the League of legends a way better game than it currently is.

1. Make the HUD at the top of the screen when you're on the purple team.

The reason for this is that when you're going downward, and the HUD CAN and does get in the way of the battlefield and where you're supposed to be clicking, unfortunately this gives the blue team a small (but still significant) advantage. In the spirit of making the game more balanced and fair, I feel like this would really help a player's game-play especially during the "laning" phase. (This is a problem more commonly seen when playing bottom lane)

2. Make skins match the map icons, and the scoreboard icons.

This is more of a personal pet peeve, but considering the visual overhaul of the game that I've seen during the past few months, (Visual changes to Summoners Rift, Soraka, the multiple champs that have been getting new art, and now the twisted treeline.) I feel like it would be worth the work that I KNOW would go into doing that. Furthermore, I feel like leaving it like that would just NOT be fair to the game, and more importantly to the effort put in by the individual developers and artists to make the game more visually appealing during this past year. Please fix this one. I KNOW that many many fans will appreciate it.

33XYZ33

11-10-2012

3. Certain Items have certain unfair advantages over other items.

I know that the item shop is about to get another overhaul like the visual style has had, but I would really hate for these little things to be missed. To illustrate, I will pose a simple question.
How come whenever I buy a "Mejai's Soulstealer", my stacks and bonus AP show up on the HUD, but whenever I buy a "The Bloodthirster", my stacks and percentage of life-steal don't?
I encourage Riot and it's developers, that as you rework the item shop, add new items and rework the old ones, that you please go through the entire item list individually, take a look at them both in and out of game, and think of the small little things that you may or may not be missing with the individual items and item shop that although small, if fixed or added, would bring the entire experience of the item shop to another level.
Another question to ponder: If I'm building my hourglass early with Fiddlesticks, but I'd prefer to have it in slot "4" or "5" for easier key access when in fights, why can't I just drag it ther, instead of being stuck with it on 2, merely because it was only the second item that I chose to build after buying my boots?
^ I hope with those 2 questions you understand what I'm saying.

33XYZ33

11-10-2012

I believe those are all the suggestions and beefs that I have to pick concerning the HUD, but before I go on to the PVP.NET category, wouldn't it be easier to just have New Players, Maps and Modes, League of Legends, Fan Creations, Feedback, Off Topic, Competitive Play, and Testing Forums be the actual Categories for the forums, and then when you click on each category, have a filter to separate each subcategory, instead of the Advanced Search that is currently there?

I mean, I guess you COULD keep the Advanced Search there too if you really wanted, but it would definitely help with the navigation of the Forums part of the website. This is just speaking from personal experience from studying the creation and development of Web 2.0 sites.

33XYZ33

11-10-2012

One last thing, I know I sound already like I'm ripping the game apart, but I'd like to invite you to reread the first post. Again, I apologize if anyone takes this to heart the wrong way... Take it to heart, but in a way that inspires action. One last time, I'm sorry.

- Real Fan, Real Critic. 33XYZ33