Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking Thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Almighty Won

11-10-2012

As referenced in the featured discussion on the meta, matchmaking can lead to issues because the meta provides for dominance in specific lanes by specific champion types. It creates a race to call your lane first as soon as you enter the game, or else frustration/queue dodging. I play a lot of different positions, but I know that if I just bought a champion and they get snatched immediately, it's disappointing.

As such, couldn't a possible solution be to select a preferred position (top, mid, adc, support, jungle, any) before searching for a game, that way you would be paired with players who fit the rest of the team's roles?

I understand there would be difficulty in implementing this, especially with people who would purposely disregard the system, but can someone reject this as plausible? I'd love to hear input.