How to build Kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

amskhan

11-10-2012

Hello summoners,

About 3-4 days ago I bought Kassadin. I play mostly in mid with him, but recently I came up with a question - how to build him? I was searching for The Rain Man's build, but maybe someone know how to build him better?

Thank you all for answers,
amskhan

Fs Son0fSilas

11-10-2012

I've had success with Lichbane, DFG (pre nerf), Deathcap, RoA, Zhonya, and sorc boots

You could probably switch out the RoA though.

TwistWrist

11-10-2012

I don't think you can switch out the RoA.

You'd have little mana or mana regen at that point after the DFG nerf. Kassadin's riftwalk stacks can get expensive.

Plus, you have no slot for Void Staff if the enemy team gets MR.

Granted, Kassadin has always been awkward. I leveled a lot with him but don't ever play him anymore.

chaser676

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidilen View Post
Hey amskhan

I have always loved Kassidin! Such a fun champion, flashing around everywhere and confusing people! I usually build him with a nice mana pool so he can stack his ultimate up!

The way I build him, would be as so
Mana Pool Build
Boots (3 pots) => Tear of the Goddess => Catalyst => Tier two boots => Roa => Death cap => Arch angels staff => abyssal => Zhonyas

Final:
Sorcs Boots, ROA, Tear of the Goddess, Death Cap, Abyssal Scepter and Zhonyas

Damage Build
Boot (3 pots) => Chalice and 2 dorans => Tier Two Boots (Sorcs) => DeathCap => Athenes Unholy Grail => Abyssal Sceptre => Zhonyas => Potential Rylais if you find yourself without hp!

Final Build:
Sorcs boots, Athenes unholy grail, Death Cap, Abyssal, Zhonyas and Rylais or Guardians angel

Remember that other factors may effect your build, which we can go more indepth with, but these builds are nice general builds!

Hope this helps some how!

Happy Summoning!

~Nidilen
What an awful build path ..

chaser676

11-10-2012

Quote:
Hey chaser676

Its nice to see you added some content to this post. Instead of being immature, first post something useful. I also see your elo is 1284. At this elo, I wouldnt suggest giving advice.

If you want to troll up a section of the forums, I would try the general discussion.

~Nidilen
Watch out, we have a badass over here. It's funny that you bring up elo, I guess those 22 games I played a year ago really judge my skill ;) also, last time I checked, 1284 is top 25% of the ranked playerbase, nice try though. Maybe I'll go grind out a 1000 ranked games in hopes of getting gold.. more likely ill just go have fun playing normals or ranked 3's (I like how you left out that elo ;))

I figured anyone who had any sense would know that you either commit to a ROA or an AA, not both. Going for both only delays both, getting a 30 minute ROA because you wanted to fill your tear is idiocy. Commit to one and stick with it. Also, you don't need that much mana. Riftwalk stacking is nice, but you're going way overboard if you're burning through 3k mana.

Also, stop signing your posts, it's annoying and was disabled for a reason.

Stop trolling npf, and go back to GD

Rav Abaddon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Hey chaser676

Its nice to see you added some content to this post. Instead of being immature, first post something useful. I also see your elo is 1284. At this elo, I wouldnt suggest giving advice.

If you want to troll up a section of the forums, I would try the general discussion.

~Nidilen
Ad hominem. A lot of Rioters are below 1200 Elo but they still can do their jobs. Do you want to know why? Someone can look at a build and go "Wow, that build is ****ing horrible" even if they don't have the skill to rock people in game. That's like saying a referee in football doesn't deserve an opinion because he can't make those plays.

And your build is awful. You don't need both Archangel's and Rod of Ages; too much mana, not enough AP. He's not Elise; he needs a ton of AP and mana, and that's basically it. RoA gives him the mana to burst a target but coincidentally gives some durability, so you can afford a second defense item without having it be stupid, but don't forget he's still an assassin, and not an APDPS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amskhan View Post
Well, I agree with Archangel, but with RoA... The Rain Man in his build told, that it's must-have item, so I don't know who to believe now.
You don't need both, but you do need one : /

Nidilen

11-10-2012

Yeah, you guys are probably right. Also I shouldn't have brought up elo, that was very immature of me. Also I guess the mana build is out of date =(

Also for you guys I wont leave my signature in this post. Sorry to both of you XD

amskhan

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
You don't need both Archangel's and Rod of Ages; too much mana, not enough AP.
Well, I agree with Archangel, but with RoA... The Rain Man in his build told, that it's must-have item, so I don't know who to believe now.

Nidilen

11-10-2012

amskhan

The purpose of Archangels and Rod of Ages would be to use your ult constantly. This would be great for later game. But for earlier game, I would suggest trying to build things like double dorans rings and d cap as fast as possible. Then you have that burst potenital for ganking!

amskhan

11-10-2012

Quoting Rain Man: "You go Rod every game, no matter what. This item is essential to Kassadin's kit and he utilizes all of the stats very nicely. He uses the stats very nicely, including the health as roaming with a low health pool can be very risky. It gives you some leeway and allows you to get caught a little bit, just not too badly. Look in my gameplay vids for good timings to have Rod by. You will never get it at the same time, but you can know how well you are doing by what time you grab your rod, as it were".

Well, that tells something.