Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A tip for new player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fastplay

11-10-2012

I have seen it happen way to much when a team throw a game because they force a tank in a team fight so never force the tank first kill him at the end of the fight team after the adc and ap carry is die.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-10-2012

I think you mean Focus? But in any case you are correct.

Blowing all of your cooldowns on the enemy tank means you have no way to shut down their damage. Save stuns and silences for AP carries, slows can be very effective against AD carries, and snares are great against highely mobile champions. Knock-ups/Knock-backs are effective all around, as they are unaffected by tenacity. Taunts and Fears OP.

Positioning is key against initiations. Let your tank soak up CC and then lay down the damage focusing on their back line.

TwistWrist

11-10-2012

I wouldn't let the tank do whatever he wants though. Else, suddenly, your AP/AD Carry is locked down or moved somewhere he doesn't want to be.

Nidilen

11-10-2012

Hey fastplay

Quote:
fastplay:
I have seen it happen way to much when a team throw a game because they force a tank in a team fight so never force the tank first kill him at the end of the fight team after the adc and ap carry is die.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. In a team fight the carry needs to be focusing who ever is coming at them, and the responsibility of the tanks are to protect this carry. If the tank is attacking your carry, you need to protect that carry! Though if the opportunity comes, of course attack the carry.

What I am trying to say is: There are are three lines, Tank line, Support line and Carry line. The Tank line should be blocking other people from getting to their carries and the support line needs to be making sure that the people that do get through the tank line are being slowed down. Then the carry line has to focus the people that are closest to them. Though this might be weird (because the target you would want to kill are the enemy carries) but if someone gets on your carries, your risking the chance of them dying!

So pretty much, you do want to focus the other carries most of the time, but if someone is chasing half way across the map to take down someone, then that isn't good!

If you have any more questions just feel free to ask!

Happy Summoning!

~Nidilen

Rav Abaddon

11-10-2012

Quote:
Nidilen:
What I am trying to say is: There are are three lines, Tank line, Support line and Carry line. The Tank line should be blocking other people from getting to their carries and the support line needs to be making sure that the people that do get through the tank line are being slowed down. Then the carry line has to focus the people that are closest to them. Though this might be weird (because the target you would want to kill are the enemy carries) but if someone gets on your carries, your risking the chance of them dying!

So pretty much, you do want to focus the other carries most of the time, but if someone is chasing half way across the map to take down someone, then that isn't good!

Adding on to what he said, a majority of the time this is true. It's generally not a good idea to dive someone every teamfight because they'll start kiting you while your carry is getting killed. There are exceptions, sometimes. Olaf, for example, is worthless for protecting someone in most situations. With no hard CC and a CC immunity on his ultimate, he can only provide damage, so he should provide damage in the direction of the person most prone to being damaged; a carry. Janna is an entirely different story. She is tissue paper frail and cannot attack, but her merit is in her defensive ability for her carry. And then the job of the carry is to kill threats to themselves, which is usually Olaf or other frontline diving champions.

I do want to disagree with your team makeup; I usually divide it into frontline, peelers, and backline. The reason for this is you labeled one the support line; a number of melee supports are frontline carry divers (Alistar, Leona, Volibear) and not peelers.

If someone worth less than an enemy carry chases them halfway across the map, unless they're the only DPS on the team, that's actually good because then it's a 4v4 and the enemy team has no carry to deal huge amounts of damage. Chasing them away isn't always bad; there's nothing wrong with zoning them from the team as long as they aren't leaving their own carry to die.

But Nidilen is right; there are situations where diving them is a bad idea because you might not even reach them, and it would be better to be a deterrent for your carry (If I dive them, this guy will hit me with a big ass axe and I'll die)

fastplay

11-10-2012

@Nidilen you are right you do not want to chase some one down in a team fight some of the time if they flash over a wall but in one of my game today I was ireila we where winning the game and it was a easy win but my team start to fouce both of the tank and did not go for the adc or ap at the end in team fight.

I every told them the best order to fouce the other team which end up beening the ap, adc then take the down the support since she was heal the tank and both tank are very tanky by this point. Also the thing about the tank blocking the path to the adc or ap was not their since the ap and adc was end up been in front or off to the left or right of the tank beacuse they was out of pos every team fight. I build as a carry killer on ireila. I end up beeing fouce first every team which is good but team did not fouce the adc or ap and befor I die that adc or ap that I was fighting was drop to 1/4 hp while the tank my team fouce was only drop to 3/4 heath.

p.s. That game piss me right off beacuse we was winning in tower and we was just ownnig them then they start fouce one or the other tank to throw the game maybe not try to throw the game but they did.