Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What kind of people you can find on PBE:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkness Beckons

11-10-2012

30% are people who log in when there is a new champ/content/new patch/new stuff just to try it out, but doesn't help with bug reports, making us wait about 30 mins to login on peak days.

20% are newbies from NA or EU servers who discovered about PBE last week and got too lazy to lvl up, earn IP or buy RP on normal accs, and now just play there like in a regular server, not helping with bugs, making the rest of people wait for 30 mins to log in, since everything is so easy and fast on PBE, RP is free..

20% are trolls that free their inner rage over the players on PBE, feeding and cursing without major consequences, just for fun, cause they don't care if they get banned there anyway, everything is easy and free on PBE.

20% are people who get there to test out champions or skins they want to buy, but without spending any IP/RP from their main acc, making Riot lose money, and not even help out with bug reports.

5% are people who just got banned on their main accs, don't want to grind all over again, and now just decided to troll all over PBE

5% are nice people who get there to help riot finding and reporting bugs, testing out new content for the rest of the community (like PBE should be used to).

Gambosandipus

11-10-2012

Sadly, this is accurate... I do, however, believe there is a fair bit of hypocracy in those who attempt to pass themselves off as virtuous bug testers who have no ulterior motive on PBE other than to help others. I admit I joined PBE because the alluring nature of the free level 30 and money to buy all of the champions was too much to resist when I found out about it. Still, I joined a while back when PBE was relatively small, and over the past few months it has become anything but. I joined when my main account was about level 24, and it fell by the wayside. Now I play on both, as playing almost exclusively on PBE has made me a far better and more capable player, who bug tests in his spare time on PBE now. So indeed, the 20% or so who are looking for a free outlet to improve their skills with different champions is ultimately beneficial to the community I would say. We need random normal games taking place, because that's where bug testing thrives. If nobody played random champions nobody considered, many bugs would have gone unseen, for example, a ways back when Mordekaiser's ult had some strange interactions with champions upon their death. So no matter what your view is on those types of people, I believe that everyone possesses, or possessed, those inclinations at some point, and they shouldn't be condemned on the forums, but rather uplifted, and given a friendly environment to prosper. If we continue to berate or reject players like this, they just might turn to trolling, and become not just a neutral portion of the community, but a detriment to the system as a whole.

Majinken

11-10-2012

30% only? Amazing.

phar0ah1

11-10-2012

I'll admit that I originally joined to test out the new champ but since then I have been active on the forums here discussing content and bugs. I have also played games to test champs or roles, such as support/jungle/carry/etc that I am unfamiliar with. However, sometimes the environment on the PBE is not as pleasant and helpful to actually assisting with bug reports and testing. When I tried Maokai for example some guy kept harassing me and calling me a noob, although I do play on the NA server, because he couldn't solo top and I was jungling. I find it also difficult to figure out what exactly is supposed to be tested at any particular time. I read the FAQ and it states they don't post release notes but you can typically find out stuff on the forums. Well, most posts are like this one and don't provide any information on what is being tested. A lil direction goes a long way to those that actually want to help.

Greenfish106

11-10-2012

My main problem is, I'm guessing that 90% of the que is people who just left their PBE open until it automatically logged you out. Riot should really reduce how long without action it takes to get logged off of PBE.

Kaalika

11-10-2012

Some of us who are testing out champions are actually a positive influence to help YOU test more effectively. Guess what? I'm not throwing a fit because I didn't get to pick the newest champ "to test for bugs" and I'm often playing support. Plus I get to try out runes and masteries at level 30 which means I hopefully won't suck too bad once I hit that on my main account.

If people test champs before they buy, how does that lose money to Riot? It just means they tried it and made an informed decision on their main account.

siax7

11-10-2012

Quote:
Kaalika:
Some of us who are testing out champions are actually a positive influence to help YOU test more effectively. Guess what? I'm not throwing a fit because I didn't get to pick the newest champ "to test for bugs" and I'm often playing support. Plus I get to try out runes and masteries at level 30 which means I hopefully won't suck too bad once I hit that on my main account.

If people test champs before they buy, how does that lose money to Riot? It just means they tried it and made an informed decision on their main account.

But your missing the whole point. The PBE was made for serious Testers who wanted to make sure that all of the content that is getting released into the PBE is bug free before it goes to live. People have made the PBE into a troll infested playground, and is hardly getting its intend use.

Killua ZoIdyck

11-10-2012

Now that the pbe is closed for 2 months I hope all the negative influences get weeded out. I wouldn't even mind stricter requirements to join, even if I was someone who didn't make the cut. It would just give me peace to know somewhere people were playing this game for good reasons and no one was calling them a ***!

Kaalika

11-10-2012

Quote:
xerath519:
But your missing the whole point. The PBE was made for serious Testers who wanted to make sure that all of the content that is getting released into the PBE is bug free before it goes to live. People have made the PBE into a troll infested playground, and is hardly getting its intend use.

So someone enabling other people to test how they want to test gets trolled and negative votes for being a nice person who isn't rushing to be the person who instalocks the new champ? Ok.

B0N3R DRAG0N

11-13-2012

If the PBE is truly for testing they should remove all win/loss statistics and match history from the PBE. These aren't things that help you test, these are things that encourage people to pretend that the PBE is a primary server.

Also, they could limit who has access to brand new champs so that only players that have positively benefited the PBE can play them and you don't end up with trolls who will never report a bug locking in the new champ .