why nerfing flash endlessly is bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ampala

11-10-2012

Imo all they have to do is decrease cd on cleanse.

Lil122j

11-10-2012

I'm not really a fan of the flash nerf, but I think people rely too much on it.

Nea De Penserhir

11-10-2012

As a Wukong player, I use flash to make plenty of plays as well as escapes.

Brycerras

11-10-2012

Why not just do it the way dota had it. Flash was an item you bought. If you really wanted it, you could have it. But youd then have to sacrfice a slot for it. Of course if you made it a slot based item, it would have to be an activatable on a pre-existing item that has other buffs, or if it was only flash, youd have to buff the flash CD/distance to fit the need of it taking one slot.

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

I think it'll encourage using other SS as well as making smarter plays. For instance, try not getting caught out by wandering without your team.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycerras View Post
Why not just do it the way dota had it. Flash was an item you bought. If you really wanted it, you could have it. But youd then have to sacrfice a slot for it. Of course if you made it a slot based item, it would have to be an activatable on a pre-existing item that has other buffs, or if it was only flash, youd have to buff the flash CD/distance to fit the need of it taking one slot.
It has been discussed endlessly, but Riot has said they are not putting Flash on an item. The reasons I believe to be why; 1, it's not DotA, and 2, because then you'd be able to carry 3 summoner spells.

Pansy Pang

11-10-2012

i have to agree that nerfing flash massively would really through the balance into the favour of champs with built in flashes/blinks/escapes, but im willing to see and test

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-10-2012

The only problem with flash is that nobody capitalizes on a wasted flash. If there isn't already I'd like some way to check and see on the scoreboard if flash is down when a teammate witnesses the flash to encourage aggression against people with their summoner spell on cooldown. There have been alot of times where I wanted to call for a gank dive on someone but I wasn't sure if flash was back up or not. So I didn't ask for help and just did it on my own to avoid wasting anybodies time. Turns out it was down. The point being that it would be nice if information that's been revealed and is important to keep up with was always available for reference just like which champ is fed and who has tons of cs.

I would also like to have ult cooldowns on display. Riot doesn't want passive play, this would all encourage aggression

Brycerras

11-10-2012

Youd remove flash from summoner spells. The item would have to balanced out Id say. And 2, The argument this isnt DOTA is kinda short sighted. Just because a competing brand does it one way means you HAVE to do it different. From what I saw, only reason DOTA did it was because of hte limitations of the WCIII engine. Some champs had a flash skill, some didnt, and since there werent 2 extra slots to add 2 more skills on for everyones use, it went onto an item. It kind of stuck since then.

Anyways, If they dotn go that path, then I guess that flash is toast, depending how bad they nerf it. Though I can see why. If you go look at stats, flash is like 90% picked, with the next big spell being ignite. Exhaust, smite, and ghost are after that, and then the other summoner spells virtually dont exist. Everyone right now gets flash, because its really is that good. And if you dont have it, then you are going to be hurting.

JustMyBassCannon

11-10-2012

Quote:
Youd remove flash from summoner spells. The item would have to balanced out Id say. And 2, The argument this isnt DOTA is kinda short sighted. Just because a competing brand does it one way means you HAVE to do it different. From what I saw, only reason DOTA did it was because of hte limitations of the WCIII engine. Some champs had a flash skill, some didnt, and since there werent 2 extra slots to add 2 more skills on for everyones use, it went onto an item. It kind of stuck since then.
No, the argument that LoL isn't DotA is quite valid when someone suggests porting a copy of a DotA item. Yes, DotA worked on a different system which made the need for Blink Dagger relevant, but League of Legends is balanced on numbers and designs so far away from DotA that suggesting porting DotA items would be like suggesting putting Yugioh monsters into Magic the Gathering.
Quote:
Anyways, If they dotn go that path, then I guess that flash is toast, depending how bad they nerf it. Though I can see why. If you go look at stats, flash is like 90% picked, with the next big spell being ignite. Exhaust, smite, and ghost are after that, and then the other summoner spells virtually dont exist. Everyone right now gets flash, because its really is that good. And if you dont have it, then you are going to be hurting.
I don't get Flash, except on a few champions who especially need that instant mobility like Galio or Fiddlesticks. It doesn't appeal to me, and really all it allows is for one extra escape or initiate. Depending on your champion, even executed perfectly, a flash initiate/escape can STILL get ****ed up if your opponent is smart.

Exhaust is my bread and butter.